Any future updates/changes planned (MSFS)?

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
herb.schaltegger
Any future updates/changes planned (MSFS)?

Post by herb.schaltegger » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Bought the Corsair finally about 10 days ago and it quickly become a sim favorite for me. I do have a question though about whether the team plans any future tweaks, fixes or enhancements?

First, the fix(es): animations are delayed when the view is changed. For instance, if I retract or extend flaps, then go the external view, the flaps will be in their prior position and visibly animate to the new set location. Conversely, if I am in the external view and hit use my flap control to change their position there, when I go back to the cockpit view, I will see the control handle moving to the new set point. This is really an insignificant point in terms of visuals only (since the plane's aerodynamic model and physical model are separate) but it is a visual immersion-breaker.

Second, the enhancement: if the team plans to update the plane in the future, would it be possible to NOT close the canopy when the user turns the Instrument switch off? I like to role-play my flights and open the canopy while rolling along the taxiways to the ramp or parking area, and keep the canopy open during the shutdown sequence. The canopy just automatically closing when I toggle the instruments switch in the cockpit is another small immersion breaker.

But other than these two minor things, I've yet to find anything "wrong" with the plane, and a whole very lot to love. Like I said, it's easily become one of my favorites in very short order.

Slayer
Re: Any future updates/changes planned (MSFS)?

Post by Slayer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:25 pm

There should be another update. As far as to when, I can't say for sure. I'll take a look at the animation issue and see if it is present on my side. I'm wondering if the animations issue is something with the sim itself. Are you seeing this on any default aircraft also?

herb.schaltegger

Post by herb.schaltegger » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:47 am

Hi Steve -

Thanks for the reply.

No, I only see those "catch up" animations in the Corsair. I do have a lot of mods installed, however. I'll do more testing tomorrow with everything removed from my Community folder except the Corsair, and try to take a video to demonstrate if it persists. For what it's worth, I also saw this occur this afternoon with regard to the cowl flaps. I opened them up during a relatively long taxi back to parking, but 20 - 30 seconds later when I went to the external camera to help navigate the taxi route, I saw them open up externally.

herb.schaltegger

Post by herb.schaltegger » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:52 pm

Okay, here's an example of what I'm talking about: the internal and external animations are not sync'd up for the flaps and flap lever position until I change views from inside to outside and vice versa. Note that in this quick test, I did *not* see any kind of sync issue with the cowl flaps, only the wing flaps. But this video also reminded me that in the external view instrument indicators, no flap position numbers are shown except "0 Degrees" and "50 Degrees."

https://youtu.be/c7sL1xZH1A0

Latest version of MSFS 2020, no mods installed except the Corsair itself, not liveries installed, etc.

papendlebury

Post by papendlebury » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:23 am

Yes seeing this here too (MSFS).

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:56 pm

herb.schaltegger wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:52 pm
Okay, here's an example of what I'm talking about: the internal and external animations are not sync'd up for the flaps and flap lever position until I change views from inside to outside and vice versa. Note that in this quick test, I did *not* see any kind of sync issue with the cowl flaps, only the wing flaps. But this video also reminded me that in the external view instrument indicators, no flap position numbers are shown except "0 Degrees" and "50 Degrees."

https://youtu.be/c7sL1xZH1A0

Latest version of MSFS 2020, no mods installed except the Corsair itself, not liveries installed, etc.
Thanks for that. Sending it to the devs.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”