Cowl, Oil Cooler, & Intercooler flaps (LVAR) help

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
drakaudj
Cowl, Oil Cooler, & Intercooler flaps (LVAR) help

Post by drakaudj » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Hi there, I'm just trying to get my head around some LVAR behaviour in the FG1D.

I'm using Spad.Next to bind my TM Warthog throttle with the plane. I'm having a bit of trouble with the LVARs that control these flaps.

I can see that the levers are controlled by FG1D107-109, and I can get the program to move the levers themselves, but the values for the flap positions never move. I can see inter is corresponding to FG1D106, and oil to FG1D105 (any changes I'm manually making to these values is immediately reverted back to the original value in-sim) and the cowl flap percentage doesn't seem to affect any of the LVARS being monitored.

I'm just wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree and these are something that just can't be controlled externally?
Thanks,
Chris

Slayer
Re: Cowl, Oil Cooler, & Intercooler flaps (LVAR) help

Post by Slayer » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:09 am

There are usually other things at play and other variables or events that need to happen. So you could for instance move the animation for the lever but no variable is being modified because something else needs to be sent. I used to use the sniffer in Goflight Interface Tool to find the variables that happened when you pushed this or moved that in realtime and then reverse engineer the same thing to do what the internals were doing. I've never used SPAD so can't help there Maybe something like FSUIPC could help .

benmapplebeck
Re: Cowl, Oil Cooler, & Intercooler flaps (LVAR) help

Post by benmapplebeck » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:57 am

Hi did you get anywhere with this?

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”