Just a few questions

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
benmapplebeck
Just a few questions

Post by benmapplebeck » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:12 am

New to the Corsair but are there things not working well due to su9 or is it in dyre need of updates?

These are merely observations and questions I may be doing things wrong, I'm not moaning just want to experience this plane at its best that's all.

Engine blew oil all over screen before it had even been running.

Any idea what bindings are to get supercharger operating not just animation? Same for oil, intercooler can get the animation but that's all.

Also is there any procedure for a hot start? If I kill the engine by shutting mixture off the only way I can get it to fire is with ctrl-e I cannot for the life of me to get it to fire up otherwise.

Shut the mixture off by mistake in flight engine went quiet but MP gauge was still moving with throttle input and for some reason the water injection light then started working on full throttle even though the engine didn't seem to be running.

I know there's supposed to be another service pack in the pipeline just after flying the wonderful 310 this seems quite buggy still which I'm surprised at.

Slayer
Re: Just a few questions

Post by Slayer » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:09 pm

There have been a bunch of service updates and changes since this was released.

We are also plagued by some hardware vendors such as Honeycomb poking simvars on aircraft that they shouldn't or sending the wrong inputs causing all kinds of weirdness.

Also the way the add ons work in MSFS a poorly coded add on can change default behavior for everything. That is why in troubleshooting I ask people to always temporarily remove everything from the community folder to preclude interference from other add-ons.

In my experience if you can replicate the same problem more than once after a sim restart then it is likely a bug.

I haven't heard of anyone else blowing the engine before it was started.

In the manual it says you should have your mixture axis set for -100 to 100% have you checked that setting?

rafaelpolit

Post by rafaelpolit » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 pm

I have the same issue with cutting the mix off.

Simply dragging the slider with the mouse will cut the fuel supply and you are left with a dead engine. This seems to be correct and the expected behavior.

As the OP, I too would like to know how do you then re-start your engine mid-air? The usual procedure doesn't seem to work. The manual gives instructions on how to recover an engine failure "as long as it is not fuel-originated" or something like that.

So I would be curious to know. Obviously, it's best not to cut the engine, but me, as a newcomer, I also had this happen to me, especially because visually the mix is still very much forward when and pulling it to the "next" estate simply cuts it off.

Thanks,
Rafa.

benmapplebeck

Post by benmapplebeck » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:51 pm

My mixture leaver is set through spadnext on a custom range I think not using msfs for mixture lever. The engine blowing has only happened twice on the ground not a big issue.

I'd mainly like to get the supercharger lever and If possible map the 3 cooler levers as aswell. I understand there is a few things going on there I can drive the animations but not the actual actions, can anyone suggest what LVAR etc is needed at least for the supercharger lever as couldn't get anywhere with it.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”