Corsair bugs

wells
Corsair bugs

Post by wells » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:25 am

Fuel gauge reads contents of reserve tank ( 50 gals ) and not the main tank
Fuel tank selector on reserve still uses fuel from main, not reserve

Aileron and Elevator trim and balance tab animations

Inboard tabs on ailerons are balance tabs and should move opposite to aileron, not connected to trim. Movements are,
Aileron up 19°, balance tab down 38°
Aileron down 15°, balance tab up 26°

Outboard tab on left aileron only is a trim tab and animation is backwards
Aileron trim tab, 15° up and down

Outboard tabs on elevator are balance tabs and should move opposite the elevator, Movements are,
Elevator up 20°, balance tab down 20°
Elevator down 16°, balance tab up 16°

Inboard tabs on elevator are trim tabs, 10° up ( nose down ), 20° down ( nose up )

Control logic for cowl, oil and intercooler flaps
To quote the manual, "The control levers for the cowl, oil cooler, and intercooler flaps are spring-loaded and must be held at either "open" or "close" until the desired setting is obtained, then released."
Note: The Aeroplane Heaven model does this correctly.

In the [general] section of the aircraft.cfg file, "performance = Length: 33.58 ft\nWing Span: 42.83 ft\nWeight: 9962 lbs\nFuel: 250 gallons\nHP: 2000"
That info is for a Hellcat, not a Corsair ;)

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Corsair bugs

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am

Thank you for these. We are fixing most of them.

For the cowl flaps, intercooler flaps and oil flaps, I am not 100% sure this is a good idea. the reason being that you'd have to keep your head IN the vc while doing this... and that would be BAD. In the real world, that's fine...

Maryadi

Post by Maryadi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 pm

wells wrote:Fuel tank selector on reserve still uses fuel from main, not reserve
fuel reserve are on standpipe, being maintain by main fuel tank to stay 50 gall till main tank run out

wells

Post by wells » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 am

Maryadi wrote:
wells wrote:Fuel tank selector on reserve still uses fuel from main, not reserve
fuel reserve are on standpipe, being maintain by main fuel tank to stay 50 gall till main tank run out
Ah yes, cool. So it's just the gauge then, that needs to show main tank capacity

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 am

There’s no reserve tank per se. the gauge is correct

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 am

It would be smart if, in the future, you made a review after the initial release is over and we’ve had a chance to fix the bugs.

wells

Post by wells » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Krazycolin wrote:There’s no reserve tank per se. the gauge is correct
No it isn't. It only reads 50 gals

vgbaron

Post by vgbaron » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Krazycolin wrote:It would be smart if, in the future, you made a review after the initial release is over and we’ve had a chance to fix the bugs.
I just purchased and haven't had a chance to fire it up yet so I have no comments but this quote brings up a question -

Although there's bound to be some duplication of issues you are aware of at release, isn't it helpful for users to list items they find as they find them? Not asking for one on one support but rather FYI so you can add them to the project list as necessary.

Vic

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm

He made a video wherein he makes a bunch of comments.... it’s failrly obvious that he didn’t read the manual beforehand. He also makes totally fallacious comments about the AF Corsair but doesn’t even look at the differences between the two... FYI, we totally junked re old VC and redid it from scratch. He makes comments about the perf without verifying those comments in the perf charts. He doesn’t look at manual for the generator switch, doesn’t read about the fuel tank and how it works. That’s what I mean. I have no issues with comments and criticism being leveled but, at the least, check your data and RTFM. Making a review on day two of release and without even verification or reading the manual? Not cool. Not cool at all. This kind of thing affects our sales and also affects his reputation as a reviewer. That’s why real reviewers wait till at least two weeks have gone by.

wells

Post by wells » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:04 am

Krazycolin wrote:He made a video wherein he makes a bunch of comments.... it’s failrly obvious that he didn’t read the manual beforehand. He also makes totally fallacious comments about the AF Corsair but doesn’t even look at the differences between the two... FYI, we totally junked re old VC and redid it from scratch. He makes comments about the perf without verifying those comments in the perf charts. He doesn’t look at manual for the generator switch, doesn’t read about the fuel tank and how it works. That’s what I mean. I have no issues with comments and criticism being leveled but, at the least, check your data and RTFM. Making a review on day two of release and without even verification or reading the manual? Not cool. Not cool at all. This kind of thing affects our sales and also affects his reputation as a reviewer. That’s why real reviewers wait till at least two weeks have gone by.
Whoa, hang on a second. You're upset, understandable. It's your baby. I didn't make any "fallacious" comments about anything. I did say it was a re-hash, and I did say it had updated 3d in the cockpit and textures. I did not say that was a bad thing, did I? What did I say about perf that wasn't verified? Yes, I missed the generator switch, but since the real Corsair doesn't have one, I didn't think it was a big deal. I was able to turn it on. I know how the fuel tanks work. You takeoff, climb and land on "reserve" and cruise on "main". The gauge is supposed to read total capacity, or 237 gals. I was trying to do some live debugging.

Nobody is going to avoid your product based on my review. It was mostly positive. The bugs are minor and I know they will get fixed. I will post a comment to that effect when it happens. People can make up their own minds. Heck, I bought P3D just so I could fly it and I'd do it again.

There's two sides to every coin, so the saying goes. You can say I should wait before doing a review. I can say there shouldn't be any bugs to begin with, especially ones that should have been caught within 5 minutes by any beta tester. People need to know what they're getting. Too many reviews are misleading or else the reviewer received a free copy to say a bunch of nice things and try to sell the product. I'm sorry, but that's a bunch of crap. The product has been released. It's fair game. Nobody wants to pay to be a beta tester. Anyway, like I said, very minor bugs compared to some other products out there. You guys are doing a good job of trying to raise the bar and I'm trying to help you, despite that you think my review will hurt sales. Trust me, it won't. Speaking of other products out there, some of them really should be avoided and people need to know that too. So, I will always call it as I see it.

I'm looking forward to the fixes and the F-105! ;)

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:18 pm

wells wrote: Yes, I missed the generator switch, but since the real Corsair doesn't have one, I didn't think it was a big deal. I was able to turn it on.
Say what? Where did you get that from? I draw your attention to this article from the Warbirds-EAA in their 28 February 2012 magazine:
http://www.warbirds-eaa.org/featured/7F ... 0Brute.pdf

wells

Post by wells » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

N4GIX wrote:
wells wrote: Yes, I missed the generator switch, but since the real Corsair doesn't have one, I didn't think it was a big deal. I was able to turn it on.
Say what? Where did you get that from? I draw your attention to this article from the Warbirds-EAA in their 28 February 2012 magazine:
http://www.warbirds-eaa.org/featured/7F ... 0Brute.pdf
figure 35 on page 59 of the pilots' flight manual,

http://www.jasonblair.net/wp-content/up ... s-1977.pdf

I draw your attention to the first post in this thread. It wasn't mentioned as a bug.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:59 pm

wells wrote:
figure 35 on page 59 of the pilots' flight manual,

http://www.jasonblair.net/wp-content/up ... s-1977.pdf

I draw your attention to the first post in this thread. It wasn't mentioned as a bug.
That is the manual for a F4-U. This is a FG-1D. Compare the instrument panels. Similar planes, not the same.
The point is that you "reviewed" the plane without knowing it or reading the manual.
wells wrote:
I can say there shouldn't be any bugs to begin with, especially ones that should have been caught within 5 minutes by any beta tester.
Really? When was the last time you bought ANYTHING that comes clean out of the factory? Cars have bugs. They called them RECALLS. Blue players have bugs. They call them FIRMWARE UPDATES. Heck, even the most glorious Tubeliner Precision Simulation company released 4 patches for their products within ONE month.

If you look at the amount of possible software and hardware combinations, you should realize that is practically impossible to test all. Right?

Visual bugs? Sure. Some go unnoticed. When you look at the same model for months, you tend to focus in some areas and forget others. Just the nature of the beast. Thats why there are patches. Patches and customer comments help make products better

deimos256

Post by deimos256 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:09 am

Going back to the fuel gauge, I have read the manual and it states for the gauge-
An electrical fuel quantity gauge is provided for the
main tank only; it shows the total quantity of fuel in
the tank including the standpipe reserve. The gauge
dial is calibrated to indicate correctly when the
airplane is in level flight at approximately 175 knots
indicated airspeed (normal fighter load) (201 mph).

However with both tanks set to 100% in the weight and fuel section, the gauge only reads 50 gallons.

Maryadi

Post by Maryadi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 am

we do fix on gauge indicator, it indicator bug. the rest fuel management are in correct way.
we still do in fixing some bug that reported, some easy fixed, some other hard to be fixed, but we do all the best we can.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”