No Rudder Control/Movement

PFS
No Rudder Control/Movement

Post by PFS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi,
Everything seems to function correctly with the Corsair, except that I have no rudder control whatsoever. I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flightstick. Ailerons and elevator work fine. I'm running P3Dv4 in Windows 7. Rudder control works in every other plane in my sim, so it's not the controller (which is brand new). I even tried switching from Raw Input to DirectInput... no joy.

Any ideas on what the problem could be, or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Paul

doodlebug
Re: No Rudder Control/Movement

Post by doodlebug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Could you try without your controller, or with a different one, just to try and isolate what is happening?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Bit unclear here, is it a case of it doesn't have any effect in all regimes of flight? Or is it only on the ground?

PFS

Post by PFS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Bit unclear here, is it a case of it doesn't have any effect in all regimes of flight? Or is it only on the ground?
Thanks for your reply.
No rudder control both on the ground and in the air. Aileron and Elevator control are normal. I'll keep exploring options.

UPDATE: The only movement I could get on the rudder was when I assigned a couple keys to Rudder Yaw left and right.
I'm going to try a redownload and reinstall, and see if that fixes the issue.

PFS

Post by PFS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm

During a re-install, I discovered why I previously had no rudder control via my flight stick.
In the latter stage of installation, a "Milviz Addon Management System" window pops up, which prompts the user about an assignment for the Supercharger control lever... and the default entry is the Z Rotation (at least on my system). Well hey... I need that Z Rotation for my rudder! ;-)
I cleared that entry, clicked "Save", and voila, I now have rudder control. Problem solved. (I should have paid more attention to that Management System window during my first installation. My bad.)

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Excellent news!

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 am

The question now is how did it get assigned in the first place.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”