Center line ordnance loading causes DTD, P3Dv4.1

Molew
Center line ordnance loading causes DTD, P3Dv4.1

Post by Molew » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:29 am

Greetings,

Recent purchaser of the FG-1D Corsair, and like most new users with something new and shiney, I had to see if I could make the spinny things spin. Read the manual? Later! I want to see this beautiful beast in the virtual skies!

(save your pitchforks, you know you did the same...)

So here's the process I undertook. Successfully purchased, downloaded, installed into P3Dv4.1. Fire up the MVAMS to check for updates and set the basic stuff. All good, time to see what the Corsair looks like in the sim. Loaded into an airport I felt like flying from (Orbx KEGE) and sat in awe of this big beautiful beast. Okay, time to see what sets what... Shift-1 and get the arming screen. Yay! No TackPack in P3Dv4.1 (boo!) but, what the heck, let's see what she looks like loaded up for war. Added a 500lb bomb to each of the wing pylons, then tapped to add a center-line fuel tank ... DTD. Whoa. Saw a message mentioning some kind of collision, but didn't get the full gist of it.

Okay, have to try this again, but let's start with only a centerline tank, and forget about all the other stuff. Soon as as I click to add something to the centerline, DTD. Okay, that's annoying, I guess I'll not use the centerline ordnance station.

Osh mentioned to me (in the course of helping me re-set my forum password here) that I should disable a setting in P3D for object collisions. Umm, okay... but doesn't that turn my sim into a rubber-world playground toy? Object collisions tell you that you've made a major mistake. So I disagree with that instruction. But in fairness, I will try it.

Has anyone else noticed issues loading center line station ordnance?

JonathanBleeker
Re: Center line ordnance loading causes DTD, P3Dv4.1

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am

DTD?

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm guessing CTD?

Molew

Post by Molew » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Drop To Desktop, Crash To Desktop, whichever acronym you're familiar with. The end result is a sim crash.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 am

Can you please post your crash report found in Windows Event Viewer?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 am

Wait, I'm getting a little confused here. Does the sim process shut down or do you get a collision type crash that can be disabled by turning off crash detection?

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”