problems with Milviz Addon Management System

davegianakos
problems with Milviz Addon Management System

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi: I am new to Milviz. Everything works fine on the Corsair, except getting past this Milviz Addon Management System. I have selected Ready to Fly and when I select "Controls" on that page, I get an Event on the left side: "Supercharger Control Lever (Axis) and on the right "Controller/Joystick Assignment". It recognizes that I am using a Top Gun Fox 2 Pro thrustmaster controller.

The problem is, I have to select one of the three main axes that I use for flying (X-aileron, Y-elevator, Z-Rudder). I need all three of these axes working to control the airplane on the ground or in the air. I don't know how to deselect the Supercharger control lever (axis) from one of my flying controls. For instance, if I have it set to Z Rotation, the rudder is inoperative, but when I twist the control stick, the supercharger lever in the cockpit moves up and down!

Really request any ideas on how to fix this problem. I bought this mainly to fly the Corsair, but it is really useless until I get past this problem. If I can get this working, I'm sure I'll keep the app, otherwise it is quite good with other cool addons.

Thanks
daveg

doodlebug
Re: problems with Milviz Addon Management System

Post by doodlebug » Tue May 22, 2018 5:56 pm

I believe that if you have only 3 axes on your controller, you must leave it as 'unmapped' and control it by other means.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:06 pm

If you mapped it accidently, click on the button in the controls page and then click on Clear, and Save in the dialog that pops up. Then Save Defaults and it should no longer have an event.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks, I did that a number of times. I was able to set it up as "unmapped" and supposedly save the changes, but every time I went back to the game and checked to see if that fixed the problem, it returned and it wasn't fixed at all. I've got to try and break the tie between the supercharger lever control taking charge of one of my three flight axes. Right now, I have it set on the Z axis (Rudder) although I have tried repeatedly to get full control of rudder, ailerons, and elevator without this supercharger control taking control of one of these key controls.

For the moment, I can takeoff, but without the rudder, it of course veers left on takeoff but at least I get into the air. But that's not a good solution.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue May 22, 2018 6:21 pm

are you using admin rights on the AMS?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Try this then. It is kinda brute force but it will solve the problem.

Right click on your AMS shortcut and open file location. Go to Configurations\FG1D and delete the long hex named mlvz file.

And also verify what KC said.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Krazycolin wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:21 pm
are you using admin rights on the AMS?
I thought I had, but am totally confused now. Could you tell me step by step to get to that point to try it again?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Right click on the AMS, select Properties->Compatibility and check the box Run this program as administrator.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 6:54 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Right click on your AMS shortcut and open file location. Go to Configurations\FG1D and delete the long hex named mlvz file.

And also verify what KC said. Are you talking about the "Milviz FG-1D v1.171026" or I also have on my desktop the "Milviz MVAMS". In either case, I don't see a "file location". I might be looking in the wrong place, I don't know. Can you give me another hint? Again, everything is working perfectly on this game for the Corsair, with the exception of having to get around this supercharger control issue.
Thanks,
davegee

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm
Right click on the AMS, select Properties->Compatibility and check the box Run this program as administrator.
Ok, did that, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there another step to try?

Dave

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 7:04 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm

And also verify what KC said.
OK, I did the delete of the mlvz file and it works ok now! Thanks! Are there any bad things that can happen with me deleting this file? Otherwise, I can live with it.

davegee

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm

No. That file contains the hardware axis assignments. Deleting it simply clears it out if the AMS fails to do so.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm
No. That file contains the hardware axis assignments. Deleting it simply clears it out if the AMS fails to do so.
I think I am good to go now. I took the Corsair "around the patch" a couple of times and it works just fine now!
Thanks for the help, Jonathan! It is really an awesome and accurate add-on airplane!
Cheers

dave

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”