VRS TACPACK for P3Dv4

davegianakos
VRS TACPACK for P3Dv4

Post by davegianakos » Wed May 23, 2018 7:31 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:09 am
https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums ... =1&t=18502

For those of you who fly our mil birds that use it.
Hi Jonathan: thanks again for your fix for my FG-1 Corsair to get full control use. I have upgraded to V4 of P3D and have a couple of questions.
first: although I looked at the manual, I cannot seem to figure out how to turn the aileron and rudder trim knobs. I've tried everything I can think of. Any ideas?
Second, I did install this morning the V4 Vertical Reality Simulations. I think it installed right as I see it in the add-on list at the top of the screen. It is amazingly complicated and it will take me some time to learn how to operate it. But just to get started, could you give me a hint how I fire the machine guns, rockets, and drop bombs and get explosions on the Corsair? That would at least get me a start on learning the tremendous capabilities of this software!
Appreciate any tips!
cheers
dave

JonathanBleeker
Re: VRS TACPACK for P3Dv4

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Dave

I believe the aileron and rudder trim knobs use the mouse wheel. You tried that?

As for the weapons, the 2 key procedures for the guns are on page 27 and page 39 of the manual. For the rest of the weapons, see page 39 and 40. (the manual is located in your P3D directory\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz_FG1D\Documentation). I'm guessing you already know how to load the aircraft with the ingame loadout manager?

Weapon use is actually quite simple to set up in this aircraft. A few switches, make sure your joystick pickle and trigger are set up in the Tacpack manager, and off you go. Nothing quite like the F-4 phantoms and the upcoming F-15C.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 pm
Hi Dave

I believe the aileron and rudder trim knobs use the mouse wheel. You tried that?

As for the weapons, the 2 key procedures for the guns are on page 27 and page 39 of the manual. For the rest of the weapons, see page 39 and 40. (the manual is located in your P3D directory\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz_FG1D\Documentation). I'm guessing you already know how to load the aircraft with the ingame loadout manager?

Weapon use is actually quite simple to set up in this aircraft. A few switches, make sure your joystick pickle and trigger are set up in the Tacpack manager, and off you go. Nothing quite like the F-4 phantoms and the upcoming F-15C.
Hi Jonathan, I'm getting there, just a few more questions! The mouse worked fine for moving the trip knobs. Thanks! I can load rockets, bombs, drop tanks, etc., with the ingame load manager when I select Shift (1). I guess I'm still not connecting how to access the TacPack manager and configure a pickle and trigger switch on my control stick. I do understand all of the airplane switches on the glareshield for arming guns, and bombs. And I understand charging the guns with the buttons on the lower left control panel. Just haven't put everything together yet to make things drop and fire. Any other tips would be much appreciated.

davegianakos

Post by davegianakos » Thu May 24, 2018 12:44 am

davegianakos wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 pm
JonathanBleeker wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 pm
Hi Dave

Hi Jonathan, I'm getting there, just a few more questions! The mouse worked fine for moving the trip knobs. Thanks! I can load rockets, bombs, drop tanks, etc., with the ingame load manager when I select Shift (1). I guess I'm still not connecting how to access the TacPack manager and configure a pickle and trigger switch on my control stick. I do understand all of the airplane switches on the glareshield for arming guns, and bombs. And I understand charging the guns with the buttons on the lower left control panel. Just haven't put everything together yet to make things drop and fire. Any other tips would be much appreciated.
Hi Jonathan: I finally figured it out! Everything works, bombs drop, rockets fire, guns blaze.
To a different suject now that I have some basics figured out, do you know how I can bring up a WWII aircraft carrier to practice launches and traps?
Thanks,

Davegee

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 am

I’ll have to let others answer that one since I haven’t tried WWII specific carriers myself.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 am

That type of thing won’t be answered by our devs.

Sorry but we don’t provide tutorials for that type of thing.

That said, perhaps someone on SOH can help you if you ask there...

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Carrier here (registration required) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=22689

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”