Corsair idle shake

Christian-N
Corsair idle shake

Post by Christian-N » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:27 pm

I read a complaint about too much idle shake. I'd agree the shake is certainly heavier than in most other aircraft incl. the available warbirds. I use a motion platform and like the rocking in ROLL axis. It even simulates the 'wingflex' feature of WarThunder and DCS aircraft, which AFAIK isn't yet implemented in FS2020? (However, the Blériot XI features wing twisting! So I wonder...).
But there is something you must know: the Corsair has excessive longitudinal acceleration in startup, shutdown and idle! After noticing it I compared SimConnect telemetry values with a dozen other aircraft and the Corsair's longitudinal acceleration data differs by a huge factor. That applies to concrete ground with and without parking brake applied and is even worse on grass!
While all other aircraft have very low values changing the second position after the decimal point (0.0xyz) the Corsair on grass may have spikes with a 2,3 or 4 IN FRONT of the decimal point (which equals to about the fastest acceleration of a single prop plane). Of course, we're speaking here of spikes, but they throw forward and back!
I understand that it's a bug that you'd hardly notice without a 6-DoF motion platform with dedicated surge axis, but nevertheless you should look into it (use SimConnect API). Some ROLL, PITCH and HEAVE rocking is great immersion, but why in the longitudinal?
And when you are at it: I also noticed occasional spikes in the YAW axis, but only occasional...

Slayer
Re: Corsair idle shake

Post by Slayer » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:46 pm

I'll ask the developers to take a look when they work on the service update but I can't promise anything as nobody on the team has that hardware.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Repaints”