THANK YOU,MILVIZ!!

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Otter pilots!
(No support requests please)
Javis
THANK YOU,MILVIZ!!

Post by Javis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Only 3 posts and only about those fricking gps systems ?? .... :o

Sjeeezzz.... i came in here just now thinking i'd join the festival of trumpeting forth the sheer amazingness of this here Milviz Otter. Looks like i'm leading the way.... Hehe Ok, it's only been a couple days since release, but still.....

Dear Milviz, if ever an FS dream came true for me it certainly happend the first time i gazed upon your superb model of the venerable DHC-3 Otter, opened the cockpit door and climbed aboard. This is exactly what i've been waiting for ever since FSX arrived ( i fly P3Dv4 only now). Yep, thàt long! Because, apart from a rather poor attempt by a commercial dev who shall remain unnamed, the Otter has been blatantly absent in our beloved virtual flying world in favor of its older and smaller cousin Beaver. I was already quite happy with the JF/AH offering, somewhat earlier released as well, but i am over the moon with your immaculate rendition !

The flight dynamics, the external model, the VC, the textures, the soundsuite, the manual, all done extremely well and with the greatest respect and inspiration ( special kudos for the soundsuite which is utterly fantastic ! ). 'Exactly what i've been waiting for' is actually an understatement because i could never have imagined i'd have my precious virtual Otter one day in the top class all singing and dancing fashion Milviz has accomplished here.

Seems like i'm an Otter fan then, huh.... You bet your fricking gps i am !! :D

Still, i have never seen a DHC-3 Otter for real. It's just MSFS to blame. Two, for those days, exceptionally well done (radial) Otter models for FS95/FS98 upto and ending with FS2K2, developed by Fred Banting and Steven Grant. Immidiately fell in love with the Beaver's big cousin which you can still fly without a co-pilot and sit it down gently just about anywhere. And it's deffinately a truck. I love trucks! So ever since those days i've been waiting, waiting and anticipating. Until now !

So, make a long story short: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Milviz !! That's all i needed to say, really...

Cheers,
Jan

Ron Attwood
Re: THANK YOU,MILVIZ!!

Post by Ron Attwood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Your cheque is in the post. ;)

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Oh Ron ~ now you've gone and spoiled it ;)

P.S. Thank you Javis - your feedback has warmed the cockles of our hearts!

Javis

Post by Javis » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 am

Ron Attwood wrote:Your cheque is in the post. ;)
Ah, is the wind blowing from thàt direction.. Typical.. So that's why, huh.... Fan boy killers lurking in the shadow around here. Well thanks RA but i don't need your frickin cheque, not affiliated with Milviz whatsoever, in fact i create my own stuff. In fact i was happily on my way to create my own DHC-3 Otter model
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... ost1062494 Scrapped now, naturally.

Ok then, i'll take it all back ! (NOT!)

cheers,
jan
Last edited by Javis on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Javis

Post by Javis » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 am

doodlebug wrote:Oh Ron ~ now you've gone and spoiled it ;)

P.S. Thank you Javis - your feedback has warmed the cockles of our hearts!
That *was* the general idea, Oisin. Thank YOU! 8-)

cheers,
jan

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 am

Javis, any time you want to come and do work for us... (even contract work) let me know!

Always up for a person with joy in their hearts...

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:56 pm

:roll: I'm chastened.

Javis

Post by Javis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:44 am

Krazycolin wrote:Javis, any time you want to come and do work for us... (even contract work) let me know!

Always up for a person with joy in their hearts...
Thank you, Colin ! I have sent you a PM.

cheers,
jan

Javis

Post by Javis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:50 am

Ron Attwood wrote::roll: I'm chastened.
Please don't cry, Ron. It be better to know what you think of the Milviz Otter. Did i tell you i love it to death ? 8-)

cheers,
jan

Eric Bakker

Post by Eric Bakker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Javis wrote: Still, i have never seen a DHC-3 Otter for real.
Hi Jan,
I did, and it was the float version. I made a 'scenic flight' with it last year in Rotorua (NZ). Unforgettable experience, and I could sit in the co-pilot chair during the flight!
Good to see your enthousiasm for this unique bird.
Buying it was a no-brainer for me now.

Thanks, Milviz guys!

PVK

Post by PVK » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:40 pm

I thought I'd add to this thread, rather than starting one of my own. Getting the instrument lights working at long last has motivated me to start exploring this model, and I must say, it is hugely enjoyable. With two Otters on the market, I was undecided about which one to go for, but after an hour or so of circuits, I'm very happy with my choice. Well done Milviz - an interesting aircraft nicely modelled.

Return to “DHC-3 Otter General Forum”