What are your Milviz experiences?

Come here to post any comments about any of our projects or to just to chat!
No support requests please.
esch.wolfgang
What are your Milviz experiences?

Post by esch.wolfgang » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:15 pm

What kind of experiences do you have with Milviz?

Mine were quite complicated.
Years ago I bought the 737-200, and fell in love with the aircraft. What a great addon! Especially the cockpit was just amazing. I can’t remember what Sim I used it in, it must have been P3Dv2 or 3, I can’t remember. (Or was it X-Plane 10? I don’t think so.) But you see, I’m around for quite a while already. It must have been 10 years or so that I’m siming. The next add-ons I bought from Milviz were 2 choppers, from which I remember one was never to fly properly, the other was amazing. However, I found out, that for me wings had to be straight forward fixed to the fuselage, never rotating above the cabin. (You could say as well, I was too stupid to get the concept of hovering.)

Then there came years I didn’t buy anything from Milviz. I don’t like warbirds, especially not jets. Back then I discovered PMDG and was preoccupied with the 737NG and the 777, which were a whole other level.
When I discovered there was a manufacturer called A2A everything changed. Gone was the time of the big birds and the bizjets for me. GA was my world from this time on (starting with the 182). I own every A2A bird except the military ones. This was a whole other level.
All what was missing, was a twin. (I found the wonderful Turbine Duke from Real Air, though.)

In between I bought half the Carenado offerings – only to be disappointed every single time. I think, I’m cured now.

My go-to airplane at the moment is the AMAZING Milviz Turbine Otter. This airplane has almost A2A quality. The simulation of the PT6 is just breathtaking! I love everything with this plane – except the bouncing on touchdown. I have no idea if this is supposed to be this way, but if so, there must be a lot of shattered Otter bodies littering the Canadian runways.
I fly it anyway. I just LOVE this bird! It has almost everything I like, the K140, GTN750/650, weather radar – except a second engine.

So I’m still looking for a proper twin. There was the Vertx, which is an amazing plane, but it has it’s shortcomings and you never know if it will be upgraded anytime soon – or if at all, for that matter. On top, I love to fly birds from the 1950s to 1970s. Some Carenado planes - aside from A2A – planted this in my head – if only Carenado knew what aircraft systems are and how real aircraft fly!
Since I have no idea when A2A comes up with its Aerostar – I’m checking twice a day – I’m still looking.

What I found was the Twin Comanche. Convinced by the look of it, the texturing and the description, happy that there was an autopilot (I like the K140) and the weather radar, I bought it.

What a letdown!

Actually the biggest letdown ever. I own it for one or two weeks now, and I was never able to fly it! It just doesnt work. First, the K140, which runs perfectly in the Turbine Otter, just make hissing sounds, when you press a button. When I checked the support forum I realized, that a lot of people had a lot of problems with this airplane. I tried everything, downloaded and installed it over and over again, tried fixes from earlier versions – to no avail. When the K140 works, the weather radar doesn’t. When I don’t install the WX, the simulator crashes. I tried every combination possible, took every suggestion in the forum – this plane is just not working. 40 Euros for nothing.

Now, of course, I won’t by the 50 Euro Redux. Why would I, if I don’t know if this one would work?

So my feelings are quite mixed with Milviz:
- A wonderful 737-200 (although I can’t bring my Rex Advantage Radar to work, yes, I own it)
- Two Choppers, one great, one barely okay.
- The AMAZING Turbine Otter, everything works, it is one of my all time favorites, almost on par with the A2A stuff
- The unusable Twin Comanche, a complete letdown

My question: What are your experiences with Milviz?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use Windows 10, the latest P3Dv4.5 with all fixes, every single Orbx landscape and openLCs, half of the Orbx airports, four figures worth of airports from other developers, Active Sky and ACAR, Flight 1 GTNs, Rex Advantage Radar, several Saitec hardware products, chase plane, Spad, Navigraph abos, and and and...
Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core, 3,6 GHz, 64 GB RAM, GTX 1080 11GB VRAM, 2 Monitor setting

I love realism, but I can’t (won’t) switch to the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, because I bought software for P3D worth up to 20,000 Euros. Why would I abandon all of this? I stay with P3D, I am quite happy with the simulator. (Aside from the fact that my internet connection is way to slow for MS. A downside of living at the countryside.)

Slayer
Re: What are your Milviz experiences?

Post by Slayer » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:41 pm

There are updates for the WX advantage and the integrated WXR for V4.5 products. It will update them all in 1 pass. It is in the support section.

esch.wolfgang

Post by esch.wolfgang » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:44 am

Thank you Steve, but I tried everything. (And I just did so again with the file recommended.)

As you can see, the WX is not working, and I can't check the fuses, since I can't open the panels on the floor either.

I know, that this is not the support forum, that's why I asked about the general experiences of others, since I would really like to buy the Redux, but I don't know if I should, while I consider the Turbine Otter as one of the best add-ons for P3Dv4. Milviz is great, but I just don't know if with every add-on.

I will, however, open a support ticket for the PA-30 in the appropriate forum.
Attachments
twin 2.PNG
twin 2.PNG (4.97 KiB) Viewed 372 times
twin wx.PNG
twin wx.PNG (3.45 MiB) Viewed 372 times

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:08 pm

I have had good experiences with Milviz aircraft overall. I have the KA 350 and the E180, although I do not like the steering on the E180, I prefer the normal rudder operations but that is the way the aircraft is. The KA 350 is amazing and I have programmed almost everything needed in my hardware, the rudder boost and a few other things I have not figured out. I use SpadNext because it is easier to customize aircraft actions to the hardware and it works very well with Saitek.

I know you are on P3D 4.5 but P3D 5.2 HF1 really works very well and has better performance. The True Earth Southern Calif works but better in performance than it did in 4.5. The Wx which I don't have broke in P3D 5.2 but I don't know if the HF1 fixed that, P3D is not going away and the fact they released 2 updates this year is a good sign more is coming. So like you, I want normal aircrafts, not military jets although it is good they are there for others. so I am still hoping the 4.5 planes do get updated to P3D 5, I know they have a full plate with MSFS 2020. Like you I have too much invested in P3D. The KA 350 works fantastic and that is why I got the E180 which also works very well and just as easy to program my controls. That is one BIG advantage of SpadNext, each aircraft can be programed for that plane. Then SPADNEXT loads the profile automatically when I fly a different plane.

Anyway, I am very happy with Milviz and I have had problems with Carendao but their planes work in P3D 5, actually better than they did in P3D 4.5, not sure why. But they are simple made aircrafts compared to Milviz. Still waiting on updates of Milviz for P3D 5. Worst case I will get the 4.5 version, instal P3D 4.5 and then see what is needed to make it work in P3D 5 since I understand how aircrafts work in each.

Another factor I like is better preformance in the Sim overall compared to Carendao

JPL19

Post by JPL19 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm

I for one am less and less enamored with MilViz. I feel there is a lack or urgency or support - my EVO still has no real landing lights, and my last post, over a month ago, is still unanswered. I also had posted about an EVO AP problem, again, unanswered.

Then, look at Quality Control. The manual for the EVO says "Highly detailed product manuals included". There are zero speeds covered, no mention of cruise/ power settings, the method of controlling ground steering is not covered, the throttle lock is called a trim wheel, there is no mention of the functioning GA button or gear silence horn, to name just a few errors / omissions.

I was an early adopter of the KA, and we were told we would get a steam gauge KA-300 for the delay - that is now just ghosted.

So despite seeing such wonderful potential, criticisms seem to just be brushed off.

Joe

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Overall i was a fan, Milviz products always pleased with high quality. With my latest to products Skyraider and EVO i see a hugh gap within quality and level of detail. Can‘t understand how all these issues can be overseen in the Alpha- and Betatests…

In addition, the level of support (Notification about Updates, Lack of Updates (i.e. v4/V5 swap), fixes, etc.) is a showstopper to buy additional products in the near future.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:07 pm

If you have a post that hasn't been answered, please drop me a line by email, and I will nag the team, or point it out if they missed it.

If you want any information on where we are on a project, or are vexed that something we said hasn't happened yet, once again, please drop me a line.

If you see an omission in a manual, ... you guessed it - drop me a line.

Many of the crits here are a direct result of the curve-ball that is MSFS2020. Its arrival has been a significant disruptor, not only in terms of P3D sales, but also in terms of testers and reviewers. Does that mean we abandon support for existing P3D products? - no - but it does mean they are not a number one priority. A case in point being the arrival of v5. We are only now able to work on the conversions. Testing installers will begin next week.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi Osh,
thanks for your Input. I am suprised to see your wish about eMails, as everywhere else it is clearly mentioned to use the support forum.

I do not see a direct link between the missing support for P3D and the release of MSFS. As for the Skyraider and Evo, development started long before the MSFS Release. As a customer, i can expect the same level of support for an P3D Addon as for MSFS. Please do not forget that there are many customers using both variants (earlier or sooner). An unhappy P3D client might not be willing to buy again for MSFS.

I do not understand your comment about your testers. Does that mean that you know about the quality issues but release anyway?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:11 pm

For bugs - use the forum - email me if you do not get a response, or if you want to ask about something else.

BTW - do you have MSFS 2020? What are your thoughts?

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:39 pm

Yes, it‘s installed but almost unused. The Visuals are great and i am sure it will become a great sim within the next few months/years. At the moment, i see it as a game while P3D is a simulation.

I guess MSFS is on high demand due to a good marketing and an overall easy usage (in difference to a indeepth simulation).

I understand that Addon-Developer see it as a fast/big cashmaker. But as already mentioned, i believe high quality addons for P3D will still have a market.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:55 pm

I understand that Addon-Developer see it as a fast/big cashmaker.
There's an underlying tone to this statement that suggests we are only in this business for the money.
Granted we need income to pay for what we do, but if we wanted fast easy cash, we would all be working in other industries.
We are all, first and foremost, aviation enthusiasts.
But as already mentioned, i believe high quality addons for P3D will still have a market.
Probably - but will this market be big enough to sustain the development of products of the quality you demand?

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:43 pm

Not at all (and not especially Milviz), but the current market shows clearly the direction… During the P3D + X-Plane period it was a small group of people being willing to spend additional $$$ for addons. With the release of MSFS the interest has grown like never before and it is totally understandable that Developers see it as a huge chance. Nevertheless it‘s a wrong and riskful path…

If you are an aviation enthusiast able to work for/with your hobby, it‘s great. Congrats :) but with that in mind some of the current product issues are not understandable.

Talking about aircraft addons for simulations and the spirit of aviation brings several ??? to my mind. I will give you one example: In 2019 there was a huge gathering of Douglas DC-3 (and C-47) in Europe, called Daks over Normandy. An event, highly recognized in the aviation world. To the same time, developer AH worked on a DC-3 for P3D. A release in time for the Event would have give them a huge potential, but they missed the opportunity and released their product too late to be successful. On a short Note: Milviz sadly missed the Skyraider birthday as well ;)

I fully understand that each development is a risk and in the end a product has to generate money. And I believe quality will always pay the bill in the end. But when I am asked to pay $$$ for an addon, I would like to get an (almost) bug free enjoyable product which will give me a realistic feeling for the aircraft. In best case, i will feel the passion the developers put into their product.

BrianV

Post by BrianV » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:40 am

Thank you Oisin for this wonderful statement "A case in point being the arrival of v5. We are only now able to work on the conversions. Testing installers will begin next week."

The uncertainty about whether they would be a v5 conversion for products in the existing fleet has had me concerned. As much as I love the Corsair and the graphics in MSFS I keep on returning to P3D for most of my flights and missing the two Otters, Beaver, 310R, PC-6, PA-30, and B55 is hard. They are fantastic products that show your dedication and enthusiasm for aviation.

I will gladly continue to purchase your products both for P3D and MSFS as both sims have their pros and cons. Keep up the awesome work by you and the team and keep safe in what has been a challenging year.

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:47 pm

I picked up a program called monitor FSUICP Data and it helped my on some areas but I still cannot get the rubber boost or the Bleed Air Values to work. When I switch them on nothing is returned. I would like to see all items in a check list created. SpadNext I feel is the best one out there because Milviz, Carenado and Microsoft have created a ton of LVARS. I use the B350 and the ones for the E180 to setup most items on the list.

So I know MSFS 2020 has stolen the show for all sim developers and not much is being done with that now, I expect that to change when the demand starts to drop on the MSFS side. I have a lot invested in P3D and it is rock solid with aircraft control and performance which is why I mostly fly the KA350. I do not like the steering on the E180 and if I can find aa way to disable it and use the rudders like the KA 350 I would fly it more.

My BIG wish list is to see some of the more simple aircraft converted to P3D 5. I keep looking at the 310R, B55, and 737. I am so close to just getting the 310R and install P3D 4.5 on my labtop so I can figure out how to get the 310R working. I know how the aircrafts are made and one I see it in P3D 4 that wlll tell me if it is possible. I will wait a little longer but I do like the KA350 and the E180. Those are my 2 best planes I have, and I have tons.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:17 pm

You do realize there there is a built in checklist on the 350i and the P180?

Return to “General Product Forum (completed projects)”