YF-23 Wonderful Black Widow

Come here to post any comments about any Milviz related project or to just to chat!
No support requests please.
NeilG
YF-23 Wonderful Black Widow

Post by NeilG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:11 pm

I love the Black Widow. I bought it because I thought 'well you can't go wrong for 9 quid', but it was much better than that. I know you've framed the model around with caution so that we don't expect anything too special, but I still think this is a good piece if work.There are two things I'd like to know if that's ok: how realistic do you consider the model to be from your present perspective even if the avionics, for instance, arn't up to contemporary standards (I want to know because it is such a rush to fly it, it would be good to know if that is even a little like the real thing). The second question is: I know you guys have a lot of 'irons in the fire' at the moment, and so allot of work on. But if anything deserves an update I reckon this does. Is there any realistic prospect of this?

Thanks

Neil.

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: YF-23 Wonderful Black Widow

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:23 pm

According to the perf charts that we have, it's pretty close. It's not as good as we would be able to make it today... not even close.

We are CONSIDERING reduxing it but... if we did, we would ONLY do the YF and not the F-23A... We don't do "might have been" aircraft.

What we MIGHT do is add the front end of the F-15E and redo the weapons code so that you could at least fire some missiles and drop some bombs.

I, personally, love this aircraft so... this might happen...
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

NeilG
Re: YF-23 Wonderful Black Widow

Post by NeilG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Excellent! Thanks Colin. Will look out for it.

Return to “Milviz General Product Forum (completed projects)”