Throttle and MVAMS problems

MattC
Throttle and MVAMS problems

Post by MattC » Sun May 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi, I've got a few problems with the addon. Running FSX: SE.

-Throttle being stuck in reverse and refusing to move
I am sure this is an issue related to xmltools.dll. I couldn't run the installer (it didn't launch after DHC-3T installation or from the panel folder), but I managed to find the XMLTools.dll and entry for dll.xml here. It gave me the confirmation message on startup, and I made sure it was allowed in FSX.cfg. I also ran the installer without UAC/antivirus on. I found another post with panel files that were normally deleted but they were present in the correct place. Tried loading from multiple flights/aircraft in different states and still no joy.

Any idea of what to do next? The installer is the latest version.

-MVAMS does not apply
Tested it with a bunch of the visual options, kept the GPS/Radio on default. I have a feeling this might be related to xmltools not being the correct version or running correctly on FSX launch?

Edit: Uninstalling and reinstalling my 2008 c++ redistributable fixed all the problems with the throttle. Still can't get MVAMS to apply, but at least I can fly the plane. Am I meant to see anything in-game in my add-ons menu?

bbuckley
Re: Throttle and MVAMS problems

Post by bbuckley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 am

I have the same problem. Fixed the DLL.xml entry for XMLTools.

which 2008 c++ redistributable did you uninstall / reinstall? I have 6 of them: 3 x64 of various version #s and 3 x86 also various version #s.

Chuck Jodry
Re: Throttle and MVAMS problems

Post by Chuck Jodry » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:05 pm

The MVAMS does work to select nav radio options ?

does the P3D add-ons menu have a DHC3 dropdown menu and if so does it work ?

The xml sets and system .gau would appear to have loaded , the amsinterop would appear to not be loaded .

Can you verify the Add-ons menu please , it will localize the issue to one of two possible culprits .

Best CJ

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”