Can't get throttle / prop/ conditions levers to map to axis

Raptor
Re: Can't get throttle / prop/ conditions levers to map to axis

Post by Raptor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Can you temporarily disable Chaseplane and test?

osoriocharly

Post by osoriocharly » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi

Deactivating Chaseplane hasn't worked either.

Bruce has been helping me a lot these last few days, but everything we've tried hasn't worked.

I will try to uninstall it and reinstall it, even though I didn't get any errors throughout the installation process.

I'm still surprised that with the mouse I can move the condition lever, but neither the throttle nor the propeller respond to the movements of the mouse. I do not know if this can give an idea of the reason for the problem

During one of the tests something also happened to me that caught my attention:

---I have configured DHC-3T ready to take off
---I loaded the Turbine 2 model and, as I told you before, I couldn't move either the throttle or the propeller.
---Without closing P3D I changed vehicle to the Amphib 2 model. Once loaded, for a few seconds the plane was cold & dark and in that time I could move throttle, but when it was turned on the throttle was blocked and no longer moved.
---I closed P3D and changed the DHC-3T to cold & dark mode, but the throttle and propeller still don't move.

I don't know if this can also give an idea of what the problem might be.

Greetings, Charly.

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:50 pm

osoriocharly wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Hi

Deactivating Chaseplane hasn't worked either.

Bruce has been helping me a lot these last few days, but everything we've tried hasn't worked.

I will try to uninstall it and reinstall it, even though I didn't get any errors throughout the installation process.

I'm still surprised that with the mouse I can move the condition lever, but neither the throttle nor the propeller respond to the movements of the mouse. I do not know if this can give an idea of the reason for the problem

During one of the tests something also happened to me that caught my attention:

---I have configured DHC-3T ready to take off
---I loaded the Turbine 2 model and, as I told you before, I couldn't move either the throttle or the propeller.
---Without closing P3D I changed vehicle to the Amphib 2 model. Once loaded, for a few seconds the plane was cold & dark and in that time I could move throttle, but when it was turned on the throttle was blocked and no longer moved.
---I closed P3D and changed the DHC-3T to cold & dark mode, but the throttle and propeller still don't move.

I don't know if this can also give an idea of what the problem might be.

Greetings, Charly.
We tried everything I can think of. I checked and corrected some issues in the FSUIPC5.ini, Prepar3d.cfg, and dll.xml files but no success. Here is a summary I provided to Charly. If anyone sees something let us know.

There are two key factors in getting this to work right:
1. XMLTools64.dll; This file must be correctly installed into the main P3D sim folder, in your case, D:\Prepar3d\. Then the dll.xml file must have the proper entries to call this set of library files. The condition lever and many other functions don’t call routines in XMLTools64, so they work correctly without it. It seems to me that the rudders, throttle and to some extent the prop lever all require it. The easiest one to check to see if XMLTools64.dll is being called correctly is the rudders since they are the easiest to assign correctly to a controller axis. BTW, there are usually TWO dll.xml files created by P3D, one in your %APPDATA% folder and one in ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\ etc, folder. The %APPDATA% folder dll.xml file is the critical one for this issue. Uninstalling DHC-3T and then making sure the XMLTools64.dll file in Prepar3d is deleted and making sure the entry in dll.xml is deleted also, then reinstalling should correctly reinstall both. In my case, it did NOT. Finally, the below listed Microsoft C++ redistributables must be properly installed on your PC. The library routines to draw the movements in the VC depend on these. If you need any help figuring this out, let me know. Once the rudders in the virtual cockpit move correctly I assume the XMLTools64 issue is fixed.
2. Correct and non-conflicting controls axes assignments; This is fairly difficult to achieve on this airplane, in my opinion. For me, the solution was to ENSURE that the P3D controllers were not enabled in the Options, Other settings. That gets reflected in your Prepar3d.cfg as JOYSTICKS=0. Then make sure the T_Enable and P_Enable entries have a “0” to disable those macros in the Controllers.xml file in the Panel\DH3\ folder. Finally, assigning and calibrating the throttle and prop levers especially in FSUIPC is critical. See below for the instructions I also posted in the forum. These assignments and calibrations get reflected in the FSUIPC5.ini file, that’s why I asked for that file to check.
3. If we don’t get #1 correct, #2 won’t help so we have to make sure XMLTools64.dll is installed and called correctly first.

gruenewald.w

Post by gruenewald.w » Fri May 01, 2020 11:18 am

Hi Bruce,
I`ve studied this case intensively because I am working since two weeks on the same problem with the Turbo not-running in FSX-SE.I`ve gone throughI all the items. I replicated Your solution (manual edit the DLL.xml) with no success.
Your final Statement is a striking analysis,however it releases Milvic support from solving this problem. When purchasing this product, do I need to have a reg Version of FSUIPC, do I have to fiddle around with XML files etc. My answer is no, as Ihave other Aircraft addons -including the milvic b737-running on the same FSX-SE with no problems.
There is no need to reiterate the case.I only ask You kindly, if there any new findings which might be of interest.

Thank You

Wolfgang
Never loose speed an altitude at the same time !

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”