No interior cabin, MVAMS not clickable

chris.boyd
No interior cabin, MVAMS not clickable

Post by chris.boyd » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi, I've edited my system and software details below as for some reason they did not enter fully before. Hope someone can help me now! Thanks.

Hi, This plane is very nice and flyable but despite reinstalling several times I have three problems:-
No interior cabin apart from doors and outlines of windows etc (Cockpit is fine).
MVAMS is there and the various things on it can be mouse clicked but when I click on ' save defaults' nothing happens.
Also, I have the True Light problem but I see that you are aware of that.
Hope you can help. Thanks, Chris
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-3T Turbo Otter Version 1.180919_wx
Sim platform: P3D v.4.5.13.32097
Operating system: Win 7 service pack 1, Saitek Throttle,Saitek Cessna trim wheel, CH pedals, Honeycomb Yoke
Traffic Global, ASCA,Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft A320, Lionheart Pacer, Various Carenado/Alabao, Just Flight P28, 748, BAC 1-11, Herald and various other Just Flight aircraft, Plan G.
Unique ticket identifier: 104EB509-DD21-555F-3FFB-81CE69F81741

scott
Re: No interior cabin, MVAMS not clickable

Post by scott » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Hey Chris, I'm an end user not with Milviz. I had the same issues as you've mentioned.

The installer does nothing visual when you click Save Defaults. Just close it when your done and the settings you saved will appear next time you open your aircraft.

There is no cabin view from inside the aircraft. The interior view of the cabin is from the outside. When you have the cabin doors open Shift +E + 1-4 (3 & 4 open the side doors) you'll see the load change inside of the cabin & it's associated weight added or subtracted in payload select section as well (access from the Add-On/DHC-3 menu inside your sim).

I'd suggest you read the forum on the Ture Light fix. The fix is as easy as removing some wayward files from your aircrafts true light folder. Simple, easy, fix.
It's a great aircraft, enjoy. I hope this helps solve the issues your having with this bird.
Scott

chris.boyd

Post by chris.boyd » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that information. I did indeed think that MVAMS was not working because I expected the MVAMS screen to dissapear when I clicked 'Save Defaults'. I only ever attempted to look at the cabin interior by scrolling backwards from the cockpit . Never thought of looking for inside changes from the outside view!
I've had a few 'planes without cabin interiors before. However with the Turbo Otter I was sure I was missing the cabin because the Milviz website says 'the 'plane features an intricately modelled. true to life interior....' Thanks for clarifying the situation. Thought it was strange that a few textures were missing !
I've sorted the True Light problem thanks, so everything is now as it should be.

As you say it is a great 'plane and well modelled too. A few years back I flew on a Harbour Air from Vancouver to Victoria so it's nice to relive the experience even if can't sit in the cabin!

Thanks again - much appreciated.
Chris.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Oh dear - I will update our webpage

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”