Startup of DHC-3 Otter

FSX1962
Startup of DHC-3 Otter

Post by FSX1962 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:21 pm

OK so I have read the manual and followed the start up procedure. but I can not get the engine to light off. The prop turns, the oil pressure light goes out, it making sounds. everything seem to be normal but the engine just wont start. By error I have gotten it to start a couple times but nothing i have done since then seems to allow it to startup. I have tried the CTRL -E method as well as the manual method. CTRL-E works as i see things happen but again no light off. I do have full fuel tanks. I have removed and reinstalled. I have installed the XMLTools.
This is under P3DV4.5 windows 10 all current patches and Hotfix's are installed.
This is frustrating to say the least, I like the realism but I also want to fly the damn bird.
If anyone can tell me how to instert a screen shot in here i can show you my switch settings

Looking forward to a reply.

Tom

FSX1962
Re: Startup of DHC-3 Otter

Post by FSX1962 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 am

OK, so 48 hours and no one helps. So I guess i am supposed to paste this text into the screen.
This is my first MilViv product and I am not really happy with the level of support.
Guys, come on here I am doing something dumb I know. But I followed the steps and everything seem to be OK. the lights come on the starter starts but the engine does not light off. So how about it. anyone at all got an idea as to why i cant start the engine. I have been simming for 20 years this just don't make much sense. I was able at one point to get it to light off, like twice, but i cant do that anymore. Someone anyone reach out and point me in the right direction.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-3T Turbo Otter
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 1.180919_wx
Unique ticket identifier: CD5FE738-865C-3803-5B38-F61AEFC6DFD9

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri May 15, 2020 2:58 am

Sorry we missed your post - do i understand you correctly that the CTRL+E method does not work?.
Does the aircraft function correctly if you choose the 'current condition' option in MVAMS?

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri May 15, 2020 7:23 pm

This sounds like a stuck fuel valve. Please try pressing Ctrl-Shift-F4 prior to attempting engine start. This will guarantee that the sim's "fuel valve" is actually open!

FSX1962

Post by FSX1962 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi,
So yes I agree something is stuck. but i have completely removed and reinstalled the aircraft at least twice. I tried the Ctrl-Shift-F4 no joy, and yes CTRL+E does attempt to start the engine but again it does not light off. I have tried all three option under MVAMS to include current condition and I get the same results. levers move, some gauges build up in pressure prop spins but not light off. BTW I have no issues with any other aircraft all seem to startup just fine turbine and radial engines.

One note, not sure if it impotent but since I reinstalled the AC I don't see it being a cause but, I did over stress the engine on one flight (Cant remember if it has worked since then or not) and it froze up mid flight. I did read someplace that engine damage is cumulative does anyone know where this file is kept so i can delete it?

Here is a screen shot
dhc-3.JPG
dhc-3.JPG (299.7 KiB) Viewed 981 times
if it helps.

DN4581

Post by DN4581 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:16 am

Hi. You might have done this, but try the procedure in "Milviz MVAMS & Defauilt C&D UG.pdf". On page 9 there is a procedure to 'reset' the sim using the default C172. It is referring to FSX, and I see you are using P3D, but it might work? The procedure gets you to save the flight with the plane's fuel valve on or open.

DN4581

Post by DN4581 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 am

The typo is the correct way it's spelt on the document! :D

FSX1962

Post by FSX1962 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:15 pm

So if i start the sim with an AC running and then switch to the Turbo the engine remains running. I then shut down the engine and try CTRL-E and its the same thing. No light off.. I saved the setup and rebooted the sim. when i return to the AC it engine is off and its C&D. Ctrl-E No joy.

Am i to understand the only way I am going to be able to fly this AC is to boot up another AC then switch to this AC and fly? This will not work for me, I run Air Hauler which requires the AC to be shut off to load and unload.

I might try loading a Virtual machine installing P3D and then loading the Turbo and see if it works from a fresh install.

unless anyone got any other idea's, I think I am just going to call this a bust and scrap the MilViv line of Aircraft and go back with what seems to work.

Open for suggestions but, getting a bit frustrated.

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”