disappointed

obie311
disappointed

Post by obie311 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 am

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the lack of repaints for the Turbo Otter? I would have thought this great bird would have generated a number of interesting liveries by now. Is there something in the paint kits that makes it difficult? If you know of some links to new liveries that are not posted here, I would appreciate you sharing them.

Thanks in advance for any gracious help or direction.

chadryan
Re: disappointed

Post by chadryan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm with you. It doesn't feel like there is any community around this aircraft at all which is a shame because it's a great aircraft.

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:41 am

Unfortunately, I think a lot of it has to do with the PaintKit. It is extremely complex and difficult to do right. I had done repaints for the DHC-2, DHC-3, and was hoping to do the DHC-3T, but the airplanes were re-mapped, several parts moved that don't line up 100% logically (so painting across them can be a challenge when using curved lines) and either my download was corrupted, or they're using some funky layering because when I try to flatten and export to DXT5, I just get a black airplane. I know I'm exporting correctly, because I do other DXT5 exports just fine on other airplanes (including one I just finished Saturday on the PMDG DC-6 for my VA).

I'm not saying I could make the mapping better, I'm just stating that with them as they are currently, they're not very easy for "casual" repainters to work with.

GrizzlyAir

Post by GrizzlyAir » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Guys, basically EVERY Otter paint works in the Turbo. If there is a paint you'd like to see, it's pretty easy to take anything from the Otter.

obie311

Post by obie311 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Excuse my ignorance but are you saying non-turbo Otter liveries will work with no modification to the turbine Otter? I have no painting skills at all.

GrizzlyAir

Post by GrizzlyAir » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Yes. You can use the NonTurbo liveries. The only issue you should find is the nose cone. Then you can just find a paint with a matching nose cone and you’re set. The nonturbo paints work with it.

JackFord

Post by JackFord » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:16 am

I've started to do a few repaints. I have a green and white one complete that is just a recolor of the bright orange one. I'll post a link to it soon. Let me know if you would like one recolored and the tail number.
Attachments
Green Turbo Otter.png
Green Turbo Otter.png (3.86 MiB) Viewed 194 times

JackFord

Post by JackFord » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am

Dropbox download for the Green Turbo Otter livery...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u92rqvu0av6it ... y.zip?dl=0

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter repaints”