Steam Edition

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 310 pilots!
(No support requests please)
Howard
Steam Edition

Post by Howard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Is there a difference between the 310 sold on your site and the one sold on the Steam site? The Steam site says it's the Milviz 310 but there is a very bad review that concludes it's "just another DLC ripoff." I'm guessing the reviewer is unhappy because he didn't read the manual but, before buying it, I'd like to know if it's genuine. Thanks

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Steam Edition

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:46 pm

It's ours but it's been totally dumbed down to work only in steam, with no nav unit support and no night lighting.

Reviews on steam are, in general, ignored by us.

If they want support, they can ask us for it.

Howard

Post by Howard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks - I'll buy it on your site. I understand now why the price difference

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm

It does fly the same... and look the same... and start the same. That one guys "review" is full of it. (sorry to say that about a client)....

Howard

Post by Howard » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm

well - given this "It's ours but it's been totally dumbed down to work only in steam, with no nav unit support and no night lighting" it sure doesn't sound like the same.

I've got the GTN750 to put in it and want to recall some of the really good flying I did with a friend in Canada 30 years ago. We flew his 310 from Thunder Bay to Prince Albert Sask for duck hunting annually. Leave in the early morning after scraping rime ice from the wings and windows, watch the sunrise from 6,000 feet as we drank coffee and ate sandwiches, race the sun across the provinces and head north to land way up yonder. Or fly a little south of Prince Albert to Melfort.

My friend died when he suffered a heart attack on short final some years ago. He was alone and augured in from 400 feet.

I'm very impressed with your Beaver (and now am lusting for the Otter). I don't want to be disappointed by buying a "dumbed down" version of a favorite airplane. The Beaver is a compromise. My friend had a C-185 on floats that we flew from lake to lake all over Northern Ontario. But I always enjoyed the Beaver (a history note - my first ever parachute jump was from a wheeled Beaver) You've modeled it so nicely that is very immersive - even with a single screen and a joystick. It sounds good, looks good and flies wonderfully. I'm sure the Otter will be very much like it but I'm going for the C-310 instead. I'll continue flying the Beaver around Ontario looking for our lakes - like White Otter lake with the castle JIMMY MCOUAT built on a beach all by himself more than a century ago.

I go on about all this because your airplane makes it possible for me to recall so much that I so enjoyed. It's nice looking at pictures but, with the Beaver, I can recreate the flights. The GTN750 and Google maps let me see the actual terrain. I can recall the experiences of leaving the Thunder Bay seaplane base early in the mist and flying at 300-400 feet AGL until the sun burned off the fog and mist. Or being stuck at a northern lake for a week waiting for the clouds to rise enough to see the end of the lake for takeoff. Run in circles to build airspeed to get out of a short lake. It's wonderful.

If you would do the Grumman Widgeon - wow .....

Or - if de Havilland is your thing - a Mosquito would be .... well, it just would ... :-)

Thanks for your responses. And the fun of your airplanes.

Your design and build team is without peer.

Return to “310R / 310R Redux General Forum”