Autopilot - does Control Wheel Steering work?

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 310 pilots!
(No support requests please)
Mr_Smith
Autopilot - does Control Wheel Steering work?

Post by Mr_Smith » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello there,

I'm thinking about buying this amzing looking bird (Milviz T310R) for X-Plane 11.

However, considering the price, I want to be sure that it has everything I need...

Does anyone know if X-Plane's "Control wheel steering mode" can be used to bypass the AP
as long as the joystick-button with the funtction assigned to it is pressed (just as it works in every other native plane from X-Plane)?

The Manual does not reveal any usefull information about the AP...

Greetings!

fppilot
Re: Autopilot - does Control Wheel Steering work?

Post by fppilot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:17 pm

The FSX version includes a separate manual for the KAP 140 autopilot. The manual does not mention either simulator in regard to CWS, FSX/P3D or XP, but does indicate that CWS is implemented:
Pitch axis features include vertical speed, glideslope and altitude hold along with altitude preselect option. Pitch information is derived from a pressure sensor and accelerometer. Manual Electric Trim and Control Wheel Steering (CWS) optionals are also included and full operative.
Other functions available with autopilot engaged
Control Wheel Steering (CWS)
When pressed and held, disengages the pitch, roll, and pitch trim clutches allowing the pilot to maneuver the airplane by hand.
Releasing the CWS button will sync the automatic flight control system roll mode back to the active at the time the button was pressed; pitch mode will revert to/remain in VS option.
It is not recommended to use the CWS for altitude changes greater than 400 ft.
Note: CWS is linked to Tail Hook (up/down) simulator event, therefore either a key/combination of keys and/or joystick/yoke button can be mapped to operate the mode through Controls…menu

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 pm

The OP (Mr_Smith) was asking about the Milviz T310R version for X-Plane. The system for X-Plane is different from the FSX/P3D version. I have no direct knowledge or experience with the X-Plane version.

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 pm

N4GIX wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 pm
The OP (Mr_Smith) was asking about the Milviz T310R version for X-Plane. The system for X-Plane is different from the FSX/P3D version. I have no direct knowledge or experience with the X-Plane version.
Hi Bill,
Thought I was pretty clear about being an FSX user. Nobody else had responded to him in nine days. The KAP 140 manual makes no reference to either FSX/P3D or to X-Plane so assumed it might at least be provided with both.

Frank

Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith » Tue May 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks for your Reply!
I just bought the plane (in sale).

CWS works and will simply bypass the AP as long as the joystick button (to which the CWS Mode is assigned to) is pressed.

Return to “310R / 310R Redux General Forum”