Air doors / Alternate air

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 310 pilots!
(No support requests please)
cdlab1
Air doors / Alternate air

Post by cdlab1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:31 pm

The owner's manual speaks of using the air doors when experiencing lack of power, and I've been dealing with that recently. My eyesight may not be the best, but I can't find any controls to select alternate air. Would someone please point out where to look please? Thank you.

N4GIX
Re: Air doors / Alternate air

Post by N4GIX » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Although the Alt Air control(s) are mentioned in the manual, they are not actually modeled in this model. If you are loosing power, it is quite likely that you need to adjust the mixture control(s) a bit richer.

cdlab1

Post by cdlab1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:26 am

Thanks for the reply. It is strange that I'm losing power, and I am adjusting the mixture as I climb. I climb into clouds and have the de-ice controls on, then it sputters and will not climb any more. At least I now know that air doors are not available as a solution.

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:03 pm

What altitude are you climbing to? Also, what flight controls do you have in use? And how have you calibrated your flight controls, especially the mixture controls. Can you see the mixture levers in the cockpit change position when you move your flight controls? Also, in what position do you have your Aux Pump switches?

Return to “310R / 310R Redux General Forum”