Rain drops problem

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 310 pilots!
(No support requests please)
DASDavid
Rain drops problem

Post by DASDavid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello,

I have a strange problem with rain drops. When select Default with Radar WX, I see no more rain drops outside only on window. When I look outside there is no rain. I think is some weird issue with radar wx because when I select Default without radar wx everything is working, can see the rain drops outside. I will attach two photos as comparison to see exactly the problem. The sim is P3D V4.4.

https://imgur.com/Rfrs20k without radar wx

https://imgur.com/WWJhsHT with radar wx

fppilot
Re: Rain drops problem

Post by fppilot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm

I ran into this about a year ago. The REX/Milviz /WX Advantage weather radar makes it's own determination of whether it is raining somehow and applies that? Likely from REX weather. That may be separate from any other weather engine you may have in use. ex Active Sky, or FS Global Real Weather (FSGRW). I believe that the WX Advantage radar does not use other 3rd party wx engines. So in some cases the WX Advantage may create rain on the windows when your own weather engine is not producing rain, and in other cases your own weather engine may produce rain when the REX/Milviz WX Advantage is not, so no drops on windows. I believe that is at least close to the description of what I learned.

DASDavid
Re: Rain drops problem

Post by DASDavid » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:06 am

fppilot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm
I ran into this about a year ago. The REX/Milviz /WX Advantage weather radar makes it's own determination of whether it is raining somehow and applies that? Likely from REX weather. That may be separate from any other weather engine you may have in use. ex Active Sky, or FS Global Real Weather (FSGRW). I believe that the WX Advantage radar does not use other 3rd party wx engines. So in some cases the WX Advantage may create rain on the windows when your own weather engine is not producing rain, and in other cases your own weather engine may produce rain when the REX/Milviz WX Advantage is not, so no drops on windows. I believe that is at least close to the description of what I learned.
Weird now is that it work only with Active Sky, weather engine I use. Somehow now when I encounter rain condition in flight can see rain drops . But when I select some default weather from P3D I can't see the rain drops anymore only on plane window as I stated before. So problem is partially solved. What is strange is fact that when I did a reinstall of P3D installation and deleted all folders generated by p3d in local, roaming and program data it didn't work, had same problem. Few days ago I found in shaders folder some files named as PrecipParticle.fx and I observed that after deleted them when loaded the plane in the sim, new PrecipParticle fx files was generated, and after this worked in Active sky engine, but not in default weather selected from P3D, "Gray and rainy" option for example. I really don't know if is here the problem, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know if these files are related with this. Now I can live with that because I don't use default weather, but problem is strange for me anyway.

Return to “310R / 310R Redux General Forum”