Cessna 310R Mission

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 310 pilots!
(No support requests please)
alan2
Re: Cessna 310R Mission

Post by alan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 am

Yep !! ..no voice. Wonder if I am installing it correctly ?

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 pm

The latest second and third missions were packaged separately and after you dowload the package, all you have to do is un-archive it to a temporary empty folder. Then, in the empty folder, simply locate the folder named "C-310R_Second_Mission" or "C-310R_Third_Mission" and open it up until you see the folder named "MilViz."

Once you see that folder, simply copy it.

Then, go to your FSX folder and locate the FSX/Missions/Milviz folder. At this point, just copy and paste the contents of the "MilViz" folder from your temporary folder location. If you are curious, all those contents are is a folder with the path name: "MilViz/C-310R/Second AMEL Training Flight" or "MilViz/C-310R/Second AMEL Training Flight"

In other words, all you are doing with this exercise is add the second or third mission to your list of MilViz C-310R missions. BTW: Since it is important to have all the sound files precisely match, if you previously had the second mission, you should first locate it in your FSX/Missions/MilViz/C-310R folder and delete it before you paste the new one to that same location. This is because a few of the older version sound files will be retained and they would be dead files taking up needless space on your computer.

Make sure you installed the second and third missions in precisely this way.

Ken

alan2

Post by alan2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 am

This is a bit odd .
Thanks for your time Ken, I am sure you have better things to do ! ...no luck yet. I followed your instructions which gave me a Milviz folder within "missions " containing the first mission and another Milviz folder. This showed up within missions OK, but no sound . (airplane operational sounds are ok - the computer sounds are functioning).

Because the installed files didn't look right I installed directly into the mission folder the Second AMEL Training Flight and Third AMEL Training Flight ,which gave me the three files...
FSX\Missions\MilViz\C-310R.......First AMEL Training Flight..../Second AMEL Training Flight...../ Third AMEL Training Flight

Still no voice . The individual sound files check out ok , so there is no corruption there. I did a fresh download too. It has to be something I am doing ..but what ? !! ....

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry, but I cannot come up with any explanation for why if you are actually flying the mission, and you confirmed they are in the right locations, that the sounds don't play. What you are essentially describing is that you are playing the missions but that the missions are not playing.

Ken

alan2

Post by alan2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:00 am

No worries Ken thanks for your time.
Actually this is my new rig . I bought it off the shelf system ..i7 , gtx580. It was supposed to be clocked to over 4Ghz, it was not, but an attempt was made to do it. There seems to be the odd thing or two happening with system , I think the bios probably needs straightening out amongst other things
Sometimes my desktop shortcuts dissappear and the computer fails to keep time. Enough of that but to say anything could happen with this rig at the moment.

What I can do is play individual sound files on my laptop and fly on the big one . All I need to do is sort the sound files out in numerical order , so to speak. I am not asking for anymore help or your time but if you just happen to have a list of ...first , second ,third file ..etc .in order, that would be helpful. Again, if you do not, please don't waste your time over it . Thanks, and very much looking forward to this when I eventually get this rig sorted

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am

The sound files are called up by the mission file itself. I'm not sure there is any particular numerical order to the filenames and the way they are indexed to the mission file is somewhat automatic. If you FSX is playing then I cannot see how your computer's BIOS or any other basic configuration would interfere with such a small detail within FSX of when a soundfile is called up. In addition, the missions don't really even wait for the sound files. Instead, it truly waits for various menu responses to you on the ground plus in the air, but in the air you have to reach certain locations and/or certain performance settings before the mission will advance further. An example of this is that when you perform a stall maneuver, you have to actually stall the airplane before my sound file voice is called up to tell you you have reached stall buffet. This was done by referencing the critical angle of attack for the aircraft's stall and so when you reach critical angle of attack, the mission calls up my voice telling you that you have reached stall buffet.

From your description, it appears you can find the mission within FSX, call it up to play it, but then it just sits there!

What should happen is that a series of voice files are played based on nothing more than a time delay (for both the second and third missions) and then you should see a menu appear on your screen to tell "me" that you have the engine started. Then, I tell you to proceed with the taxi and then when you hit that spot past the t-hangars, my voice tells you to "hang a left" to go to the ramp for the engine run. Then, you should get another menu item where you again tell "me" that you've finished your engine run.

If you aren't getting any of that, they your mission is just flat not playing and that is very strange!

Ken

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 am

OK, the issue with the second and third missoins getting stuck early in limbo has been identified and hopefully solved. It turns out I used a stock aircraft from FS2004 -- the Cessna 182 IFR model and I made a mistake in thinking it was stock to FSX. Since it was not a stock aircraft, the mission was unable to load it and therefore got stuck waiting for it to load.

A huge thanks goes out to Kaan who emailed me with the source of the issue!

Anyway, the revised second and third missions are now uploaded and ready for download. Once you download them, you should ensure that you go in and delete the old second and third missions by going to your FSX Missions/MilViz/C-310R folder and deleting the folders for the second and third missions. After they are deleted, unzip the archives for the new second and third missions and then once un-archived, copy and paste the new mission folders back into the Missions/MilViz/C-310R folder.

That should do the trick. I used the red livery Baron and that should be in everyone's FSX folder as it was a stock aircraft.

The links to the second and third mission archives are the same as on the first post of this thread (page one), so go there and click the links to download them.

Cheers,

Ken

alan2

Post by alan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Sorry ,long delay.
Downloaded a new set and now in business . All working . Many thanks Ken for this thoughtful addition , Cheers.

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 am

Cool!

I am working on missions for a future release we are currently working on. So, while I am using the Cessna 310R as the test bed, I will not be releasing additional missions for the 310R until we are ready to release that other project.

Cheers,

Ken

RobdeVries

Post by RobdeVries » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 am

Has this seen the light at some time or is it abandonned?
I inmensely enjoyed the C310 missions!

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 am

Unfortunately Ken Stallings is no longer with us...

RobdeVries

Post by RobdeVries » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm

No! How did I miss that. Surely you do not mean he deceased?

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Last visited: Sat Feb 09, 2013

No, I think he still is around :-)

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Ken left Milviz.

twharrell

Post by twharrell » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I just added both C310 and B55 mission sets to my missions folder but they don't appear in the menu when I try to load a flight. Any ideas?

Todd

Return to “310R / 310R Redux General Forum”