Constant "Primer Pump" sound...

N4GIX
Constant "Primer Pump" sound...

Post by N4GIX » Sun May 11, 2014 3:38 pm

For some unknown reason, XML script that has worked properly for years has suddenly begun acting strangely. The result of this is that the "primer pump" which should only be played on demand using the L/C/R switch between the starter buttons has been sounding off all the time except when it should! :shock:

Rather that having re-building the installers, here is a link to a revised "logic" gauge for the C310R. Simply download, unzip, and drop in your ..\Gauges folder:

FSX - https://files.secureserver.net/0sAsOZmGRTXzx5

P3Dv2 - https://files.secureserver.net/0sldF0w4KsyBwO

ark
Re: Constant "Primer Pump" sound...

Post by ark » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:00 am

Downloaded the new C310_XMLGauges.CAB file and pasted it into the FSX Gauges folder (replaced the original version of the CAB file that was there) but the constant Primer Pump sound ( I assume that's what I'm hearing) remains. I'm running ver 3.140421 of the C310R on a Win7/64 system. Is there something else I need to do to stop that constant sound?
Thx,
Al

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm

That is not the primer pump. It is a combination of avionics fans, door seal pressure pump, etc. If you turn off the battery, the sound(s) will stop.

ark

Post by ark » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:04 pm

N4GIX wrote:That is not the primer pump. It is a combination of avionics fans, door seal pressure pump, etc. If you turn off the battery, the sound(s) will stop.
Yes, you are correct, the sounds do stop when the Master switch is turned off. However, these sounds start as soon as the C310R is selected in the FSX aircraft selection window, and continue even when the sim is paused, which doesn't seem right. Do you expect this problem will go away with the release of the new C310R installer that you are working on?

Thx,
Al

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:31 pm

These custom sounds are using a system that's outside the normal sim's sound engine. I have added a delay to the custom sound system that should prevent sound from being started until the aircraft if fully loaded.

ark

Post by ark » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:51 pm

N4GIX wrote:These custom sounds are using a system that's outside the normal sim's sound engine. I have added a delay to the custom sound system that should prevent sound from being started until the aircraft if fully loaded.
Thanks for working on the sound issue.
Al

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Any chance to block this sound? Is there a .wav I can delete
or take out of the sound.cfg? It's a bit nagging, as the volume
of it cannot be changed.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm

ollifreund wrote:Any chance to block this sound? Is there a .wav I can delete
or take out of the sound.cfg? It's a bit nagging, as the volume
of it cannot be changed.
It is the SND16.wav file located here:

..\panel\C310R_Sounds

You could turn off the boost pumps also.

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Bill,

thanks for taking the time.
I mean the sound that sounds like SND11-14 in the respective folder. They are also
present when I pause the sim.
When I rename the files, the sound is there during the startup (gives an error message),
but once the panel is loaded the sound is gone. So far, so good - but the lower
RPM range is quiet now and I can only hear the engine sound starting strangely
at around 1100 RPM.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Ah, those aren't "primer pump" sounds. Those are the multiple cooling fans from the avionics equipment. You could use the free Audacity sound program to lower the volume on them, but the filenames must be present to avoid the error message(s).

These custom sounds however have nothing to do with engine sounds, which come from the ..\sound folder and are configured by the sound.cfg file.

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:37 am

Okay, I lowered SND10-14 and SND16 to -15dB using Audacity's Amplify-feature.
Much better now! I don't know what happened to the engine sound, but it's okay now.

Thanks, Bill!

Return to “310 Support Forum”