External aircraft lighting issue

Algrew
External aircraft lighting issue

Post by Algrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Pleased to see the new v4.170727 installer which includes support for P3d v4 - much appreciated!

Have installed in P3d v4 and appears to work OK - less for external aircraft lighting. Bit tricky to capture flashing lights with a screenshot, but attached image should show the problem. In essence, some of the nav/anti-collision lighting effects are laterally offset from their correct location on the port side only. Have searched forums and found some earlier references to this (or a very similar) issue, but no explanation/suggestion that this was ever resolved. Have run through the usual checks (e.g. AV disable, reinstallation, run P3d as an administrator etc), but no change. This is a persistent issue (as in 'happens all the time') and to my mind at least, spoils what is otherwise an excellent implementation of this aircraft.

Appreciate if others could confirm (or otherwise) whether they are seeing this issue with the latest version of the installer and specifically P3d v4 (although I note that in one of the earlier posts there is reference to an apparently related bug in FSX - which presumably may or may not have 'carried over' to P3d?)

If confirmed would MilViz please consider rectifying this as to my mind at least this spoils what is otherwise an excellent representation of this interesting and very enjoyable aircraft.

[Note - have deleted my similar earlier post in reply to 'Announcement of Latest Installer' as presumably better to raise as a New Topic]
Attachments
Cessna 310R Milviz Lights.jpg
Cessna 310R - Note lateral displacement of external lighting effects (port side only)
Cessna 310R Milviz Lights.jpg (420.71 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

Chuck Jodry
Re: External aircraft lighting issue

Post by Chuck Jodry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Indeed , we can fix that .

Updated

Please replace the 3 exterior models with the one in the download link

Please note there is an effects file included this time that is intended to go in the effects folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u48wxhjuqkrv0 ... X.zip?dl=0

Best CJ
Last edited by Chuck Jodry on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 am

Top man Chuck! I was about to launch into a 'Yes, I have exactly the same issue' post. You stopped me in my tracks! :D

Thanks for the C310 in v4 and for not charging. It IS appreciated.

JoseCFII

Post by JoseCFII » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:25 am

Thanks for this fix.

Algrew

Post by Algrew » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 am

Appreciate the excellent support and very rapid response. Unfortunately I am still seeing problems with the new external .mdl file.
Will test more extensively and then update this thread if necessary, but suggest you might want to have another look at this before you finalise the new version.

In essence:
- Port side navigation lighting still shows lateral offset in flight (which appears to rotate around this offset as the aircraft if manoeuvred; strangely however appears initially OK before takeoff)
- Landing lights can be on even when switched off (but then cycling switch a couple of times appears to rectify - until the next time)
- Anti-collision light appears OK in simulation, but curiously lighting effect appears laterally offset in external application (e.g. ModelConverterX - I checked to see if I could see what was happening with the port side navigation light!).
Again have uninstalled, reinstalled aircraft etc (to clear out configuration files) but still not right - at least on my system. Suspect others will see similar problems idc.

Confess to being a little out of my depth here. I don't understand how the lighting affects could be apparently 'correct' on the ground and then misplaced in flight. It's almost as though the port side navigation light (or at least one element of it) is flying in loose formation!
:}

JoseCFII

Post by JoseCFII » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Me too. The nav/beacon issue is still there.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Its like swatting flies .. there is always another bug waiting , I had only nailed down the rudder beacon , will need some glue for the nav light .

Please replace the 3 exterior models with the one in the download link

Please note there is an effects file included this time that is intended to go in the effects folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u48wxhjuqkrv0 ... X.zip?dl=0

Best CJ

JoseCFII

Post by JoseCFII » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Success!

Thanks.

Algrew

Post by Algrew » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 am

Agreed - as best I can tell, this issue is now completely resolved.
Many thanks again for the excellent support.

Dualians

Post by Dualians » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm

I still have this problem even after the latest full install update v170808

UPDATE: I found some old leftover effect files in another folder. After deleting them the problem was fixed and all is working well now.

robains

Post by robains » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm having the same issue ... v171202 ... uninstall older version, installed newer version.

The link provided shows 404 error.

Are there some other steps I need to do to install correctly?

Cheers, Rob.

Return to “310 Support Forum”