Issues with my 310

70Nlights
Issues with my 310

Post by 70Nlights » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:09 pm

I recently purchase a Milviz 310R (Christmas present to myself)

On takeoff it does not pull to the left. No big deal, but not what I expected.

I also have several issues with the GPS: On the in panel GPS, I can change the radio's frequencies, but on the popup GPS, I can only change the KHz not the MHz. Some things work on the 430 but not the 530. There are many other GPS issues but if I get a solution for this one it might fix the others also.

N4GIX
Re: Issues with my 310

Post by N4GIX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:12 pm

On the popup GNS530 and 430 both, the mouse click areas for MHz are not on the knobs, but just to the top left and right of the large knob. Similarly, the mouse click areas for KHz are just to the middle left and right of the large knob. The cursor will display a [-] or [+] as appropriate. From the included manual:
Tuning a COM or VLOC Frequency
1) Press the small left knob by hovering the mouse pointer overtop and left clicking to flip-flop the
tuning cursor to the COM or VLOC radio as desired.
2) Click on the large left knob’s “hot spots” to tune the desired hundreds frequency value into the
standby window by hovering mouse pointer overtop and performing a left-right mouse click
operation.
3) Tune the decimal place of the frequencies by hovering the mouse pointer overtop the inner
portion of the knob and likewise performing right/left mouse button clicks.
4) Click on the comm or nav flip-flop buttons as appropriate to transfer the standby frequency to
the active frequency.

70Nlights

Post by 70Nlights » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks.

I had read the manual and watched a video. I still think there was an issue. Even after your instructions, it still took me a long time and a lot of hunting for the MHz (-) to show up, and then even more hunting for the MHz (+) to appear. After locating them a few times, they now appear right away. Maybe it was me, but I will blame the system. I will keep playing with my other GPS issues. Hopefully, I will resolve them without asking for help.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 am

Just to check, you do have the Garmin GNS 530 MANUAL.pdf in the ..\Manuals folder?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:48 am

Regarding the left pull, do you have auto rudder enabled? Also make sure all your realism sliders (except crash tolerance) are all the way to the right.

Return to “310 Support Forum”