Problems with Engine Start and some small Bugs

Flyfox
Problems with Engine Start and some small Bugs

Post by Flyfox » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Hello again

For my first flights I used the MVAMS setting "Ready to Start" and followed the starting procedure according to the checklist. So far so good. But when I load the aircraft with the "Cold and Dark" setting, I have no chance to start the engine properly. Everything seems to work fine until I push the propeller lever forward. This should result in an increase of the RPM but it actually doesn't or only after a long time. The prop RPM stays on about 400 independent of the RPM lever. And of course if I open the throttle the torque will soon reach the max. limit. No way to fly like this.

Also, the INVERTER light on the annunciator panel does not disappear after switching the generator on. As a result the battery soon runs hot. I tried to find the corresponding circuit breaker, but they don't seem to be simulated.

What is wrong here? Any hint is highly appreciated.

Some small bugs I came across:
1. I noticed that all liveries show the same call sign HB-FHZ on the panel, which should only belong to the Swiss livery.
2. (again) The heading bug and the course selector rotating directions are reversed when operated with the mouse wheel.

Felix

doodlebug
Re: Problems with Engine Start and some small Bugs

Post by doodlebug » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm

The VC will always show the same tail number - it's not dynamic and would require untold extra textures to change per livery
The heading bug should be fixed in the forthcoming SP

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi,

I just checked C&D startup mode and it works perfect. Can you tell us more info about your problem ? Which model are you flying, base, amph, straight float, etc? What is the altitude of your airport? Are you pushing the prop lever with the mouse, or using a joysick lever, or keyboard?

Regarding the inverter issue, you must move Inverter switch on copilot's side panel to either #1 or #2 position. And your battery becomes hot because you forget to turn off the starter switch and turn on the generator switch afterwards.

Now, for the heading and obs selectors rotating in reverse order, actually they do rotate correctly. WHeel down increases degrees and wheel up decreases, following Windows general conventions for page/number down = increase up = decrease. Now, problem is that almost the ENTIRE FS world is using a reverse order for that, which is not following the standard modes for most win apps. Even we use it like that in other switches. But there are indeed some controls that most developers code right, like the Vertical Speed wheel on AP, or the manual trim wheel. I think we are not going to change that for this SP, as we need to decide which order to use for the rest of the controls. It is probable that we'd follow the FS industry current and change it, but not yet decided.

Tomas

Flyfox

Post by Flyfox » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Tomas

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I am still not able to consistently start the engine. Mostly, I have the issue with the prop lever, which physically moves correctly but has no effect on the prop at all.

I observe the problem with the Base version at an altitude of around 1000 feet. I use the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and hereof Throttle Lever 1 for Prop, Throttle Lever 2 for Throttle and the slider for the Mixture. I adjust and calibrate those functions through FSUIPC. I also tried to use the PC_controller.xml but I didn't find a way to address Throttle lever 1 (shown as S Axis in FSUIPC).

As for the heading and OBS selector issue, I understand your view point, but it certainly would not make sense to try changing the well-accepted method used in the FS world. Furthermore, the pilot does not primarily want to increase or decrease those values but rather just wants to ROTATE the wheels or scales to the left or right (or up or down). Not the values are essential here but the rotating direction. It would really be a missed chance not to adjust the HDG and OBS setting to the flight sim standard.

I also noticed that the engine shuts down even if I don't pull the fuel lever to the OFF position. From my understanding you need to move the red lock to the left to allow the lever to be pulled back into the OFF position.

Please allow me to add another request for the next SP. I would much appreciate if you offered an option in MWAMS to select just ONE GTN unit, either one GTN750 or one GTN650. This would be far more realistic that having two of those expensive units in such airplane. I actually have the same request for most of your recent products.

Felix

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Felix,

"Throttle Lever 1" for Prop, "Throttle Lever 2" for Throttle...are you just naming the levers? Or those are the events you select in FSUIPC/P3D menu?
The Porter maps Power Lever to THROTTLE/THROTTLE1 P3D events, and Prop Lever to PROPELLER/PROPELLER1 P3D events. Any other mapping different from that will not work as expected.

Regarding the xml file, did you try <Macro Name="T_AxisName">SAxis</Macro> ?

Tomas

Flyfox

Post by Flyfox » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Throttle Lever 1 corresponds to the R axis, lever 2 to the Z axis. I also tried the other way round which I use for all single engine aircraft in P3D successfully (including Milviz Turbine Otter). This current setting is just more logical because of the PROP lever to the left. The mixture is on the S axis.

I just restarted P3D and had three successful engine starts this time.... I might have switched off the starter too early before.

Yes, I also tried SAxis and RAxis without success.

Did I mention already that very steep descents with throttle lever in Beta range are really great fun?! :D

Raller

Post by Raller » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Taguilo wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm
Now, for the heading and obs selectors rotating in reverse order, actually they do rotate correctly. WHeel down increases degrees and wheel up decreases, following Windows general conventions for page/number down = increase up = decrease. Now, problem is that almost the ENTIRE FS world is using a reverse order for that, which is not following the standard modes for most win apps. Even we use it like that in other switches. But there are indeed some controls that most developers code right, like the Vertical Speed wheel on AP, or the manual trim wheel. I think we are not going to change that for this SP, as we need to decide which order to use for the rest of the controls. It is probable that we'd follow the FS industry current and change it, but not yet decided.

Tomas

Please decide asap because it is very confusing and disturbing.

Wheel up increases value:
Autopilot
ADF
Weather Radar
(GTN)
Attitude Calibration
Instrument Ligth Dim Knob
Condition Lever
Throttle Lever

Wheel up decreases value:
Altimeters
Course Selector