PC-6 of JAARS organization

YoYo
PC-6 of JAARS organization

Post by YoYo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:32 am

Due to the situation with COVID-19 I am at home, I have a little more free time ;> and I am doing something for "Porter" :D .
I have only one skin in my plans but who knows?

Soon (JAARS operator: Indonesia / Papua New Guinea).
Last edited by YoYo on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YoYo
Re: PC-6 of JAARS organization

Post by YoYo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Just small preview:

mchristy

Post by mchristy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:57 am

Looks fantastic! Quite an attractive paint scheme...

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:21 pm

mchristy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:57 am
Looks fantastic! Quite an attractive paint scheme...
Thx, do you like weathering effect like me? Skin is ready but Im starting to do weathering effects.
Mud texture ...

mchristy

Post by mchristy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:16 am

Thx, do you like weathering effect like me? Skin is ready but Im starting to do weathering effects.
I do like subtle weathering. It's certainly appropriate for an aircraft like the Porter and the environments they historically operated within. I personally tried to tweak the existing Air America texture to make a loose representation of a PC-6 flown by Wien Alaska Airlines and had horrible results. This seems to be a tough plane to paint...so your efforts with the JAARS scheme are most appreciated!

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:48 am

Still working on.
New pit for MV PC-6? Yep! Weathered, some of parts with new PBR ect! Everything what bush pilot needs;)

gregmorin

Post by gregmorin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Looking very good YoYo! I love the panel decals :D

Greg

john_doe3278

Post by john_doe3278 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Thank you fo this, new repaints are sorely needed in this aircraft.

I just wanted to point out as someone who lived in Papua New Guinea and as the son of a pilot who flew for JAARS, the registration for this plane shows that is used in West Papua which is a totally different country. Keep doing what you are doing because we need more repaints like this but those wanting to fly this with ORBX’s PNG scenery should know that the registration won’t match for that country.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm

john_doe3278 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm
Thank you fo this, new repaints are sorely needed in this aircraft...
"PK" is Indonesian registartion but PC-6 of JAARS was used in both Country as I readed. :)

john_doe3278

Post by john_doe3278 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 pm

I'd be interested to know where you read that. I know for sure that JAARS has not operated the PC-6 in Papua New Guinea for the last 20 years but I suppose they could have operated one before that.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Do You like bush flying, weathering, scratches and dirty pit of working horse in rough terrain? This plane, region and skin will be for you. Due to the situation with COVID-19 I am at home, I have a little more free time now ;> and I did something for this kind of flying (my favorite kind btw.).

Here is a little different set of screenies ;). Not only screenies but the repaint for MV PC-6 also.

This plane was used by JAARS operator: Indonesia / West Papua so its perfect plane and skin for FTX Global, Vector, PNG Holgermesh (free), AYEO Emo Mission (free), AYPY Jacksons with 10x bush strips and 20x enhanced regional airports and TAP Tapini Airport for sure. A lot of ambitious and unforgettable flights on this Region in P3Dv4.5!

The repaint (textures only) for Milviz Pilatus PC-6 Porter B2-H4 model (payware addon for P3Dv4.4+). You need to have this great model of this legendary PC-6 plane. The repaint of Porter PK-UCF of JAARS organization. In aviation, JAARS helps its field partners start and run local aviation programs. This help comes in the form of training staff, setting standards, equipping aircraft, research, and more. In turn, these partners provide a range of transportation services to a variety of people, including translators, support personnel, consultants, trainers, linguists, Christian mission organizations, hospitals, local people and governments. These services can also include medical evacuations and disaster relief work. The real plane is used in JAARS Indonesia / West Papua - because airplanes are the only safe way to reach many isolated villages and communities in Indonesia. Textures set (outside and inside) was  tested in P3Dv4.5 HT2. The package contains external textures, many tweaks and improvements and interior modifications.

Enjoy of bush flying and new adventures!

The skin was uploaded for SOH ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... Porter-zip ) and soon (this week) on Avisim/Flightsim also.

Caribe

Post by Caribe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 am

Great work. Many thanks.

erjinjang

Post by erjinjang » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Yoyo,

I joined this forum just so that I could say "thank you" to you for your work. What you've done is quite amazing and I appreciate bringing a major component of my childhood to the sim.

I grew up in Papua and rode in UCF quite often - sometimes the pilot would bring a detachable control stick just for me so that I could play around with the plane for a few minutes in cruise. I got my pilot and A&P licenses when I was in college and worked at JAARS in Waxhaw NC as an avionics tech for two years - 2017 thru 2019. During that time, I spent a considerable amount of time doing avionics projects on N365BT as well as providing field technical support for the fleet of 4 PC-6's operated by YAJASI, including UCF.

Again, this is a beautiful repaint - I look forward to giving it a go this weekend.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm

erjinjang wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 pm
Hi Yoyo,

I joined this forum just so that I could say "thank you" to you for your work. What you've done is quite amazing and I appreciate bringing a major component of my childhood to the sim.

I grew up in Papua and rode in UCF quite often - sometimes the pilot would bring a detachable control stick just for me so that I could play around with the plane for a few minutes in cruise. I got my pilot and A&P licenses when I was in college and worked at JAARS in Waxhaw NC as an avionics tech for two years - 2017 thru 2019. During that time, I spent a considerable amount of time doing avionics projects on N365BT as well as providing field technical support for the fleet of 4 PC-6's operated by YAJASI, including UCF.

Again, this is a beautiful repaint - I look forward to giving it a go this weekend.
Thank you so much for these kind words! That's why it's worth trying to make something for others happy ;).

g.moore

Post by g.moore » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Beautiful paint! Now I want to get back to flying PNG, haven't been there for a while and haven't anywhere else to go these days ;)

:lol: Loved the "stop screaming" sticker by the way :lol:

Gary

Return to “PC-6 repaints”