Missing canopy windshield framing

ijdjr2
Missing canopy windshield framing

Post by ijdjr2 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:15 pm

Any one there notice that the windshield framing is missing? Do you plan on a fix for that?

Real deal

Yours

Slayer
Re: Missing canopy windshield framing

Post by Slayer » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Good catch. Unfortunately nobody noticed it.
I haven't been able to find any reference pics that show it without that extra framing.

I'll forward this to the teams, thanks.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:42 am

Unfortunately this isn't getting fixed in the P3D version as it would require a considerable amount of rework.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:37 am

LOL, how it was possible to dont catch it? ;) This part of frame was very thin and perhaps here was a reason and not visible from many angles.
You have to live with it.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:51 am

Poor answer to handle this mistake.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:16 pm

ChristianBramkamp wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:51 am
Poor answer to handle this mistake.
I understand, you can feel disappointed, you can actually consider it a serious error in the 3D shape (and I agree). This was reported already, but as Slayer wrote (and he has more fresh info), it needs a major fix. I know there are other projects on the desk at the moment that have higher priority, the SP1 for Skyraider is not ready yet also unfortunately, so you can't be under the illusion that this fix will be soon, maybe in the future and I hope so. Thanks for reporting this bug!

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Yoyo, i have to disagree with your opinion. As a paying client for product X, i can expect product support for product X. It dosn´t matter how many other projects the developer has on his disk (as long as it´s payware and we are talking about bugfixing). You can do it for a limit time, over long distance you will destroy the reputation. Because also these future products currently on your desk will become their successors.

Imagine you would contract a craftsman for work on your house and he would deliver a bad result. Asking for a fix will be replied with "sorry, i am already on new projects". You won´t be happy, right?

In terms of the Skyraider most of the current bugs were very simple to find. So it´s legit to ask why the beta testers didn´t found them. Looking into the manual, research on the internet and videos of current operators are available for all of us. Following your topic in the sim-outhouse topic, it looked like a high quality addon worth the waiting. The result doesn´t match the expectations (in my eyes). More annoying, the support is almost not existing.

Before you ask: Before my retirement i was in the project management for a leading IT-Company, specialized in the Development of huge CRM-Software. So i have a bit of knowleadge about Software Development, testing, fixing, etc. ;)

Caribe

Post by Caribe » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:05 am

There is no better way to say that. 100% the same opinion.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:11 am

ChristianBramkamp wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 pm
In terms of the Skyraider most of the current bugs were very simple to find. So it´s legit to ask why the beta testers didn´t found them. Looking into the manual, research on the internet and videos of current operators are available for all of us. Following your topic in the sim-outhouse topic, it looked like a high quality addon worth the waiting. The result doesn´t match the expectations (in my eyes).
The darkest place is under the candle ;) . It's always so, that "after" something seems easy to find, but that's not entirely true because not everyone knows how many things were left out (and solved) earlier during testing. It is not that the model was immediately as it is Today. The entry threshold was set to a slightly different, much lower level, which is the normal situation. Honestly, I do not associate the situation with an addon for FSX/P3D/MSFS without errors to be solved, even A2A or PMDG do service packs (and some things take up to a year or more, some are right away). A perfect example are the frames on the windshield here, where only almost 3 months after the release, one of the users noticed it. It is also always the case that each user can expect something different (like in true life). For one person it will be possible to fold the wings using an external power supply, for another it's an irrelevant matter, so not always everything can be caught for all. As I wrote, the case with the front windshield is reported and I hope it will be given the right priority, for me personally 3D shape and repaints are as important as the rest.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:16 pm

You are right, but it is quit easy to solve: develop as it is done by the original model, so everyone knows what to expect. If someone would like to have it in a other way, it‘s up to them to tweak/modify.

As i understand, Slayer reported that this issue won‘t be fixed due to the amount of work necessary.

And again: if a beta tester is unable to verify (most of) the bugs, he is in the wrong position. Don‘t understand that as a personal blame, it‘s my opinion.

If you mention A2A/PMDG: the A2A support Forum is available for everyone, so it‘s quit easy to check if existing bugs are a showstopper for me BEFORE I buy the addon. I own almost all available A2A products and whenever a bug is found, a fix will be available almost immediately.

Having a software free of bugs on release is almost impossible, but how to handle and communicate is the key to success.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Every piece of software on the planet has bugs.

If this were a showstopper it would get addressed right away, cosmetic issues are not.

We could have a thousand beta testers and I guarantee you that something would get missed. On the flip side of the coin this is a $39.99 product not a $199.00 100% historically correct replica, if there is even such a thing with all the iterations of these types of aircraft.

I've forwarded these comments to the appropriate people and a decision will be made if it's getting fixed or not.

Sorry for your disappointment.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Slayer, I believe you ve missed my comment. I ve wrote, a showstopper for me! That this won‘t be valid for others and especially not for an developer might be obviously.

If you ve seen my comment, you may ve seen that I do have experience in this business. It‘s not necessary to talk about hundreds of testers etc… it might be enough to avoid exaggerations like „in stunning detail“ etc., when it comes to the product description. If you asking the clients to be patient because „you will get what you ve paid for“, i could ask for a delivery of what you ve announced/promoted.

As far as I know, non of my A2A addons has a noticeable bug, rather Ant‘s Airplanes or others ;)

As for most others, flight simulation is a hobby and if something isn‘t as good as hoped, it‘s not the end of the world. But I would like to enjoy the time I can spend for this hobby by flying nice addons instead of collecting information of bugfixing in a forum. That‘s the reason why I am willing to buy premium addons instead of trying freeware.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:33 am

ChristianBramkamp wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:16 pm
And again: if a beta tester is unable to verify (most of) the bugs, he is in the wrong position.
So fortunately this does not apply to Milviz because 95% of bugs are removed before the release.
At present, we are basically only talking about 3-5 things, not hundreds.

Btw. If you are also person from "this" IT business, you also know very well that testing does not solve everything, sometimes it is a combination of different situations and decisions and a great example here is Cyberpunk 2077, where there are over 100 beta testers (and paid for, working for full time) and the game on the day of release was not satisfactory for many :D .

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 am

Absolutely Yoyo, without a doubt. But as mentioned before, almost all Skyraider bugs, like the Engine Start behavior, are simple to realize (I can‘t estimate how easy to fix), no specific Skyraider knowledge necessary. I.e. I believe everyone who have seen a big radial engine starting knows that it won’t start on the first blade. I do not expect the involvement of current Skyraider pilots into the dev/test, that‘s very basic knowledge.

I don‘t know if Cyberpunk (I ve no knowledge about it) is comparable, I guess it‘s a game instead of a simulation? Amazon says it’s 35€, so most likely they will get their profit over the amount of sells.

Btw. the missing frames talking about in this thread (it wasn‘t my finding) where already missed in the piblisher renders back in 2017 ;)

ijdjr2

Post by ijdjr2 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:11 pm

Looks like Tim Conrad made a freeware version and took the effort to add the windshield framing for free.

I've been around the real deal back in the 60's and not all of 'em had as much crud on the fuselage as you portray.
They did have some accumulating residue coming from the engine exhaust the would buildup on the fuselage but
eventually, those planes found their way to a wash rack. Wish you could of made a few clean textures - no schmutz on the fuselage.
See image:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... er-va-176/

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”