I love it, but a few gripes

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other SPAD pilots!
(No support requests please)
rallymodeller
I love it, but a few gripes

Post by rallymodeller » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:56 am

Picked the AD-6 up for v5 today. Really enjoying it -- lots of fun little easter eggs like the backfiring out the exhausts. Hand-flies gorgeously.

Just a couple of visual things I noticed:
  • The windshield has no bracing in either VC or outer models. Should be a three-piece windshield
  • The very obvious add-on armour plating around the cockpit that distinguished the -6 from the -4 is absent. This makes no difference to the use of the plane -- treat it as an AD-4 for repaint purposes -- but it really does stick out about 1/2" to 1" from the fuselage sides on the real plane so is quite noticeable.
Also a minor gripe but the Description boxes are kind of a mess. Repaint 7 is from VA-176 aboard USS Intrepid in 1966, not the 6th Air Commando Squadron (it's the most famous Skyraider ever); in the description of Repaint 5 it states there are four remaining airworthy Spads when the number is closer to 18 (there are four in Europe alone) and so forth.

Sorry to be a pedant, but as a bit of a Spad fanboy these stood out as glaring. Otherwise, fantastic job on a plane that really needed a new version! I'm currently working on a few pre-Vietnam USN repaints. Will upload when done!

Slayer
Re: I love it, but a few gripes

Post by Slayer » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:09 am

Thanks for the comments. You appear to be right on the livery 7 as there is a big red thunderbolt denoting the VA-176 "Thunderbolts"

I edited the descriptions for the next update.

Return to “A-1H Skyraider General Forum”