P3D vs FSX

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!

What do you use?

P3D v2 only! It's the future and I love those shadows!
38%
FSX! I'm a believer!
28%
BOTH! I like both worlds!
34%

Total votes: 179

SRAces
Re: P3D vs FSX

Post by SRAces » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:16 pm

I dropped FSX when P3D version 1.4 came out. While I lost some aircraft and a few minor areas, I felt P3D was the future and have not regretted my decision. I have flown P3D in Nvidia Surround in both landscape and portrait mode and it works well in either. Since P3D utilizes the GPU versus putting the load on the CPU like FSX, the frame rate and stability is fantastic.

I use REX4 for scenery/cloud textures, Orbyx scenery, Ultimate Traffic and Opus Weather. It's as close to real as you can get with current technology and will only get better. It's hard to imagine not seeing shadows across the cockpit, cloud shadows on the ground, volumetric fog and real world multi-layered clouds. Multi-player works fantastic (including shared cockpit) and I have enjoyed buttery smooth flights with up to 4 people stretched across the US with one of us being the host.

Never worried about the "not for entertainment" factor. It seems LM knows a lot of non-commercial flight simmers are a large part of their audience.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. Happy 2015 everyone!

farman

Post by farman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi,
1 month ago I switched to PrD v 2.5. After some understandable beginning problem and an awful water colour (like the Dante's Inferno Stige), I'll never come back to FSX. The main reason is a different management of the graphic card, that helps the processor, so avoiding or reducing those damned OOM. Of course, waiting for something like New World discovery, or - just to say - a new 64 bit platform. And I'm quite sure that the Lockheed Martin people is on this way.
Best regards,
Fulvio Arman

pop

Post by pop » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:04 am

Our Wing,CVW-8.com, has been into P3D now for about 2 months (2.5). Using Living world, all addon from FSX(A/C and scenery), multi play, using CW3's Comms. Had a few growing pains but now running smooth, fast and FUN! "Try it you might like it"!!!! :D :D :D :D

pop

Post by pop » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 pm

where do I vote?

dhazelgrove

Post by dhazelgrove » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm using all three - P3D/FSXA/FS9(!!)

Dave

Return to “Work In Progress”