TARGETS

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
DavidG5515
TARGETS

Post by DavidG5515 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:55 am

Is there a handy AI target pack? does something come with tackpac? Are all AI aircraft capable of being damaged?

DavidG5515
Re: TARGETS

Post by DavidG5515 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 pm

Has to be some bombing range scenery and some AI MIG 21,23'etc..

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm

You should ask this on the Tacpack forums...

gibo

Post by gibo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:06 am

DavidG5515 wrote:Is there a handy AI target pack? does something come with tackpac? Are all AI aircraft capable of being damaged?
Any Ai aircraft flying can be hit and destroyed.

FSX at war has a program called CCP where you can insert air land and sea targets anywhere in the world. You can insert a convoy of moving ground vehicles or a fleet.

Here is a short tutorial that enables you to place invisible sim-objects on photo real imagery such as bridges, buildings or anything. The sim object can be destroyed and you can play back a Tacview file tape to see how close you are to a target.

Tutorial for ground targets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXaySWTdEU

The Destroyer in the video has been armed with SAM's. You can set that to any shipwithin sim via Tacpack menu then try your luck at attacking the ship without being hit. ;)

Cheers,

gibo

gibo

Post by gibo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:14 pm

I have just remembered and tried this last night.

Within the Sim Addons/VRS AI/Drones. Set the Drone to random alt, position and beahaviour to Follow Ownship. The Drone will attempt to get on your tail. It won't shoot but if you can get into a position to shoot the Drone you can shoot it down.

There is another method using Missions. ChrisP has made some here for Vietnam http://flyingspirit.freehostia.com/Viet ... index.html AI aircraft can be given certain parameters such that if your aircraft falls within those parameters and percentages you can receive damage to your aircraft. I tried this method from a Spitfire attacking the Milviz Stuka from behind and my Spitfire lost engine power and trailed smoke when I got in close behind the STuka that was inserted as an AI. You can insert any aircraft as AI via FSX@War CCP.

I will have to try the Tacpack Drone in the method above and try A2A with the F4.

Cheers,

gibo

DavidG5515

Post by DavidG5515 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 am

HI-
Could you direct me to the TACPAC forum? I've looked and don't see a specific forum.
THX

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07 am

Return to “Work In Progress”