F1, RXP and Mindstar

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
Krazycolin
Site Admin
F1, RXP and Mindstar

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi all,

This will surely offend some of you... perhaps a lot of you. But... it needs to be said.

MV will no longer be adding new GPS/GTN/whatever units from these companies: F1, RXP and Mindstar.

The reasons are as follows:

1) F1, Mindstar, RXP, REX/MV/Navstax all make products that cost you, the user, significant dollar amounts.
2) Of the above, only the last two, (Rex/MV and Navstax) provide 3rd party devs with a 3d model that is painted, a SDK and support to devs to make sure their product gets properly integrated into 3rd party addon aircraft.
3) this failure on their part has cost ALL of us devs a HUGE amount of money, time and effort.
4) after doing some checking on this, I've come to the conclusion that we spend about 30% of our support issues on the above companies products, mostly because of incomplete information.

After a couple of years of these products becoming more and more prevalent, I get that you, as a client, want/expect to have the best/right/cheapest combo bang for your buck. But, in all honesty, if F1, RXP or Mindstar hired a 3d model company (like say, 3DReach.com) then tagged and coded their own (expletives deleted) products and THEN supplied those to all of us devs, we would not be in this situation. All 3rd party addon aircraft would have the exact same units, tagged correctly and working. Any fault would lie with them which, of course, is as it should be.

Rex/MV and Navstax do exactly this with theirs. It makes it EASY for us devs to include their products. F1, RXP and Mindstar could and should do the same for their clients. That's YOU btw... not us.

My team has stopped me several times from tossing ANY 3d VC inclusion of these products for this very issue. We could just "force" you, the end user, to put it in yourselves as a 2D placement which is exactly what F1, RXP and Mindstar sell to you. We'd have no issues then. But, we're trying to make you happy by doing their work for them.

The problem is we're not happy. Not at all. The cost from all this has been enormous. Really and truly. 10's of thousands of dollars and hours for someone else's products. We get NOTHING from them but we do get a lot of flak from you. Their customers.

So, if you want us to include new products, provide support of any kind on these, I strongly suggest that you contact F1, RXP and Mindstar and complain to them. Not us.

Though some of you will surely say "Well, then I won't buy your stuff!"... what can I say to that? We work hard, really REALLY hard to provide you with the best, coolest, most immersive products that we can. But, we cannot do THAT AND do the work for others at the same time. It's just not possible.

All of the existing models (GTN 650/750, 530/430) will be included in future products.

Nuff said.

KC.

sbucknerbcs
Re: F1, RXP and Mindstar

Post by sbucknerbcs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 pm

Krazycolin, Have you heard of F1 removing the gtn750 bezel and replacing it in a operational popup instead of the panel?

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 pm

sbucknerbcs wrote:Krazycolin, Have you heard of F1 removing the gtn750 bezel and replacing it in a operational popup instead of the panel?
That actually makes no real difference, since it is the 3d bezel we created that's being criticized by a few people.

desdichado

Post by desdichado » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:24 am

ah now i know the why. i was thinking of getting the reality XP 530 for the B55 and the C310R Redux for P3Dv4. do they work in those products? it suck they leave it to you to fix their mess

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:25 pm

desdichado wrote:ah now i know the why. i was thinking of getting the reality XP 530 for the B55 and the C310R Redux for P3Dv4. do they work in those products? it suck they leave it to you to fix their mess
I can't speak for the B55, but I have just yesterday finished getting the RXP gauges working 99.9% in the C310R Redux Edition. :ugeek:

marvic

Post by marvic » Tue May 08, 2018 12:53 pm

It would be great to have the RXP GNS750 in the -200 panel. I works well as a pop-up.

MTN1794

Post by MTN1794 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Thank you, that was really helpful to get your perspective. I like your products - great work! Keep it up. I have the F1 GTN and a pop-up is fine if need be. I think I will contact F1 as suggested and urge them to improve their cooperation with other companies like yours. Business can be a bugger.

gavh_62

Post by gavh_62 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 pm

I think the GTN bezel in the VC is awesome.

xxd09

Post by xxd09 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks for that
I was just going to ask why F1 GTN was not included in C310 for Xplane when RXP was?
Another expensive purchase required as I have F1 already
However I now understand the problem
Such a shame as these advanced avionics are a real asset to a flight sim Plane
xxd09

JamesBoka

Post by JamesBoka » Sun May 19, 2019 2:14 am

I can appreciate your dilemma, but I won't be buying any P3D aircraft that use the GTN or GNS unless I can drop the RXP version into the VC. The RXP products are vastly superior to the ones that come in your aircraft. I currently use the GNS 53X/43X in the C301R and the DHC3 Turbo Otter and I would not fly them any other way. RXP support in these GA aircraft is the first thing I look for.

BTW, I have never relied on you for support with any RXP issues. Usually, any issues within the P3D realm can be worked out yourself with a little persistence and RTFM.

frank.safranek

Post by frank.safranek » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:52 am

Sad to hear of this decision. I spent more for the Flight1 GTN 650/750 package than I have for any individual aircraft product from any developer. So one of the first things I look for is whether or not I will be able to get use of that fantastic avionics package in the VC of yet another aircraft.

I also have the Navstax Radio Navigation Suite. I just wish there were more aircraft that used it. I gave Kevin Michaelson at Navstax a list of other developers in hopes that they would begin to integrate the avionics suite option in their aircraft. Despite the SDK that includes the 3D model I haven't seen anyone but Milviz use it but I haven't looked lately. So I don't think having a 3D mesh included in the SDK really matters.

If Milviz has no plans to include use of the F1 GTN package in their general aviation products going forward then I guess I won't be buying any more. I know I'm just one voice and whether I purchase or not doesn't matter to y'all but I know I'm not alone. If Milviz and another developer both have a certain aircraft but only one lets me use the GTN then its a no brainer who gets the sale.

ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 am

The 650 and 750 are already in.

All NEWER F1/RXP products will not be added unless they supply their own models etc

stefano.biasiotti

Post by stefano.biasiotti » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Krazycolin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi all,

This will surely offend some of you... perhaps a lot of you. But... it needs to be said.

MV will no longer be adding new GPS/GTN/whatever units from these companies: F1, RXP and Mindstar.

The reasons are as follows:

1) F1, Mindstar, RXP, REX/MV/Navstax all make products that cost you, the user, significant dollar amounts.
2) Of the above, only the last two, (Rex/MV and Navstax) provide 3rd party devs with a 3d model that is painted, a SDK and support to devs to make sure their product gets properly integrated into 3rd party addon aircraft.
3) this failure on their part has cost ALL of us devs a HUGE amount of money, time and effort.
4) after doing some checking on this, I've come to the conclusion that we spend about 30% of our support issues on the above companies products, mostly because of incomplete information.

After a couple of years of these products becoming more and more prevalent, I get that you, as a client, want/expect to have the best/right/cheapest combo bang for your buck. But, in all honesty, if F1, RXP or Mindstar hired a 3d model company (like say, 3DReach.com) then tagged and coded their own (expletives deleted) products and THEN supplied those to all of us devs, we would not be in this situation. All 3rd party addon aircraft would have the exact same units, tagged correctly and working. Any fault would lie with them which, of course, is as it should be.

Rex/MV and Navstax do exactly this with theirs. It makes it EASY for us devs to include their products. F1, RXP and Mindstar could and should do the same for their clients. That's YOU btw... not us.

My team has stopped me several times from tossing ANY 3d VC inclusion of these products for this very issue. We could just "force" you, the end user, to put it in yourselves as a 2D placement which is exactly what F1, RXP and Mindstar sell to you. We'd have no issues then. But, we're trying to make you happy by doing their work for them.

The problem is we're not happy. Not at all. The cost from all this has been enormous. Really and truly. 10's of thousands of dollars and hours for someone else's products. We get NOTHING from them but we do get a lot of flak from you. Their customers.

So, if you want us to include new products, provide support of any kind on these, I strongly suggest that you contact F1, RXP and Mindstar and complain to them. Not us.

Though some of you will surely say "Well, then I won't buy your stuff!"... what can I say to that? We work hard, really REALLY hard to provide you with the best, coolest, most immersive products that we can. But, we cannot do THAT AND do the work for others at the same time. It's just not possible.

All of the existing models (GTN 650/750, 530/430) will be included in future products.

Nuff said.

KC.
And why they still appear as an option to install in the MD530 manual and MVAMS?

regards
Stefano

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm

See one post above yours.

stefano.biasiotti

Post by stefano.biasiotti » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 am

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 am
The 650 and 750 are already in.

All NEWER F1/RXP products will not be added unless they supply their own models etc
Help me in understanding.
you say that "All NEWER F1/RXP products will not be added"

1. I have none of them: I should not buy none of them F1 GTN 650/F1 GTN 750 RXP 430/530 today (because they would be newer). correct?
2. What about mindstar...the same?
3. if I want to choose the free radio option: how to use it? I do not see it in the manual and in any official MILVIZ document.
4. is the free radio option only to apply the default radio stack or have I different options?
5. is it true that the free radio option has no a working ADF?

Thano you.

Return to “Work In Progress”