T-38A Released!

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other T-38A pilots!
(No support requests please)
Roadburner440
T-38A Released!

Post by Roadburner440 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Good afternoon, and Happy 4th of July to everyone! The Northrop T-38A Talon II is now on sale through our website!

The US Air Force made history when it specified the requirement for a replacement to their T-33 trainer. As often happens in aviation, a design struggling to fill its original role morphs into a swan, envied and treasured as an immortal classic. Northrop Aviation was struggling on the overweight and underpowered N-102 “Fang” light fighter, when the USAF approached with the historic requirement for a supersonic dual trainer. From this a superstar was born, and a five decade long love affair began, with over 50,000 military pilots testifying to the jet’s beauty!

Originally intended to mimic flight characteristics similar to the Century Series fighters such as the F-102, F-104, and F-106, that was killing far too many of their pilots, the T-38A was initially deemed insufficiently demanding! Unlike these Century Series designs, the T-38A featured a very pronounced series of wing buffet sounds and vibrations as the jet came close to stall under any configuration. That faithful communication meant that long after the Century Series fighters were retired, and their surviving pilots breathed a sigh of relief, the T-38 continued in its role as the world’s only supersonic trainer – the love affair going on!

Now you can experience the joy of flying this historic aircraft, complete with the accurate replication of those same buffet sounds and vibrations that many thousands of pilots around the world came to regard as the jet speaking to them. Military Visualizations has spared no effort or expense to tune the flight model to extract every possible element of reality. How realistic is it? Two real-world T-38 pilots have given it their personal seals of approval, devoting hundreds of hours to wring out the design! They didn’t stop until our jet reminded them of fond memories in Air Training Command traffic patterns, flying a jet that would make any pilot green with envy not in that cockpit with them!

Further, the interior cockpit is faithful down to the last switch! Even the translucent gear handle operates and looks like the real thing. If the gear fails to extend normally, simply pull the alternate gear handle just like in the real jet and let gravity do its job!

But, we did not stop there! What good is a great jet without a world to fly it in! With that fact in mind, MilViz created realistic ground support equipment, as well as AI traffic and realistically customized military airbases where the jets in our package were based! You can fly in a world alive around you!

To ensure you are able to extract the most joy possible, we included two flight manuals! One is a quick start for those who just want to “kick the tires and light the fires,” and the other a very comprehensive Pilot’s Operating Handbook, over 240 pages in length, that is nearly a verbatim replication of the real-world T-38A manual. It is complete with actual performance charts, real-world normal and emergency procedures, plus exhaustive descriptions and operations of the cockpit avionics and equipment. It even provides the latest in actual USAF flight tests to help you obtain those picture-perfect landings that all pilots crave for!

We think this is the finest military jet available for FSX and without question the most realistic look, feel, and performance of flying the real aircraft. Climb in and hook up! The sky beckons!

http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=T-38A

JamesChams
Re: T-38A Released!

Post by JamesChams » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Downloading it now!!! :mrgreen:
Still have to wait to get my rig up and running but Thanks guys... :D

Roadburner440

Post by Roadburner440 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 pm

What happened to your rig Mr. Chams. Thought I hadn't seen you around the community in awhile.. Hope you get it fixed soon.

JamesChams

Post by JamesChams » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Mr. Steve Jordon,
RMA'ed MB giving me trouble again and (x2) Velociraptor HDD's when down at about the same time :cry: , so had to ship them back for replacements; should be up and going in a few weeks, hopefully! :mrgreen: However, will need to do a complete re-install of FSX, etc... NOT fun! :oops:

But, I'll put this on my test system and try it out at least this week. Thanks for asking! ;)

JamesChams

Post by JamesChams » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Mr. Steve Jordon/Staff,
Have some bad news, unfortunately, which I would like you to look into for me... Possible Virus OR Is it a False-Positive?
Please see attached; Thanks!

PS: (after posting this) I saw the appropriate support forum posting and sent the email as well.
Attachments
Possible_Virus_or_FalsePositive.png
Possible_Virus_or_FalsePositive.png (225.14 KiB) Viewed 32755 times
Last edited by JamesChams on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roadburner440

Post by Roadburner440 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:41 pm

That is an issue with the Flight1 wrapper.. It is perfectly safe to proceed, you just have to turn your AV off until you finish running the Flight1 Wrapper, and then all if is fine. I got the same warning on my Norton AV. I knew I meant to mention something in the release thread, and it was that. Sorry to hear about having to RMA your mobo, and the Raptor drives dying though. I have had my 1 WD Raptor 150GB for about 4 years with no problems now. Kind of makes me hesitant to buy a replacement, but with all the add-on aircraft/scenery I am going to need to upgrade to a 300GB soon as I am about maxed out.

JamesChams

Post by JamesChams » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Mr. Steve Jordan,
Thanks; also sent the email to you and Kat. But will disable AV and extract now.

RE: (HDDs)
I've had to replace 4 of them now, but they are worth every penny; and if your planning on replacing them and your MB supports it, I highly suggest getting the 6GB/s 600GB 10,000RPM ones. 8-)

Thanks for the support! ;)

bstolle

Post by bstolle » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 pm

10,000RPM ? I have only SSDs in my PC and there's no way in going back to a steamdriven HDD

Return to “Northrop T-38A General Forum”