T-38 Installer, and Anti-Virus Programs.

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other T-38A pilots!
(No support requests please)
Roadburner440
T-38 Installer, and Anti-Virus Programs.

Post by Roadburner440 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Good evening all. First I would like to say the overwhelming support, and kind things everyone are e-mailing me are out of this world. I and the team are glad to see everyone having such a good time with the aircraft. I created this thread as some have had issues installing the aircraft, and we are looking to allieviate some of these issues. Before you unpack the installer onto the desktop you need to turn off your anti-virus, and then unpack the .zip file. If you do not most likely your anti-virus will pick this file up as a trojan (this is something with the Flight1 installer itself, and the way it processes the security information). From there right click the installer, and run it as an administrator. Then follow all of the on-screen cues. After this you should be set to go, and this will alleviate a lot of the installer errors/troubles people have been getting.

On a side note if you are running the Panda anti-virus program you will need to turn that off while using FSX. As there it is interferring with the T-38's security software, and causing some users issues when trying to fly. If you have any further issues trying to install the product feel free to e-mail me at Roadburner440@milviz.com with your purchase information, and desired forum user name (if you do not already have an account) and I will be more than happy to give you access to the T-38A support forum.

Return to “Northrop T-38A General Forum”