WSO removal for MP ONLY

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)

Removing WSO for MP

Removing all unseen polys behind the pilot for a drastic increase in FPS in MP ONLY
76%
leaving polys in and only a slight increase in FPS due to code optimization and removal of VC bump maps.
24%

Total votes: 17

Ken Stallings
Re: WSO removal for MP ONLY

Post by Ken Stallings » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks for the kind words, Robert. It is very interesting for me to see the passion that folks in your organization take the simming hobby. I agree that if the coding can be done (and such a project would be a long way off I would think) that having two people work together as pilot and WSO would be a very interesting situation indeed! It would really unlock a host of expanded capabilities.

One thing I think your group will like is that in addition to working on an Airbase and AI package, I am also working on a mission targeting package. It won't be like the reward missions in FSX. I am adopting a more realistic and spartan approach. Basically, what I am doing is giving you a list of mission folders where you have a mission frago order complete with targets and mission data. Then, you set up your mission in Free Flight, and you can copy and save pre-canned flightplans into your FSX flightplan folder and call them up.

Given that there will be a bit of work to load your target waypoints into your UFC (as lat/long) having a WSO working that part of the mission while the pilot performed the pre-flight and engine start duties would be a heck of a nice bit of coordination. Either way, the plan is for this mission target package to include actual ground targets based on historically accurate missions flown over the years in the real world F-15E. In every respect, I am putting the same degree of effort into these two packages based on my own Air Force flying career. So, I think you folks will really enjoy it.

Ken

rphillips
Re: WSO removal for MP ONLY

Post by rphillips » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 am

Ken Stallings wrote:Thanks for the kind words, Robert. It is very interesting for me to see the passion that folks in your organization take the simming hobby.
Thanks, the VUSAF is going on its thirteenth year of operation, we have been around since Dec 99 and started back then on SATCO with FS98 and the old Squawk box. Now we average 100-130 members and anywhere between 600 to 2500 hours a month of reported activity... Finally we are getting into a golden age of sorts with such fine products such as the MilViz Eagle, skies the limit!

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”