Service Pack 1.1B

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
James
Re: Service Pack 1.1B

Post by James » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I got the burners in daytime but if I select dawn, dusk or night I do not see the burners. It looks like I got not one but two new application files in this SP1 beta. One file is F-15ESP1-Beta at 536,091kb and the other is MilViz-15-E at 543,913, that seems rather odd to me? Which is the correct one and why are their two application files? Thanks! 8-)

DISCODAN

Post by DISCODAN » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Do you guys have problems with the nozzles not opening at all ?

JanD

Post by JanD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Krazycolin wrote:we're still working on that one....(@Jan)
Mate, that was just a very minor gripe! I changed the VC to the less FPS intense version, and I must say I am elated about this service pack!!

40-50 FPS over heavy scenery... What more can a guy ask for?

Brilliant job teamç

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Are you using DX10?

If so, the night burners will not work. Two application files? You have to install the one you downloaded, install your key, then say YES to it installing the application. At the end, you will have two applications. You can delete both.

They are, in the end, both the same... one is the F1 wrapper and the other is the actual application to install....
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

GB_

Post by GB_ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Milviz Team

Although I wasn't missing something (..besides the A/B exhaust effect) I'm now having an impression that the new revision is smoother with my PC's configuaration (i7 920- 6GB RAM nv GTX260). One of my other observations is that HUD's text is now thinner (mayby I'm wrong with that).
Not worked a lot with the systems but enjoying this marvel of computer modeling from the outside view.

I'm probably the wrong person to report problems, since I was more than happy with the initial release, but I have to admit that it has got better now.

Thanks for your care of us and bravo for your work, once more

DISCODAN

Post by DISCODAN » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:08 pm

My a/a missiles won't launch, weird cause the bombs are dropping, any solutions ?

Disregard found the solution
Dan

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 pm

When you switched on the radar, did you hear a rapid bleeping? If you ever hear that DO NOT CHANGE the radar modes or you will be able to lock but the missiles wont shoot. Wait for it to go quiet and then you can change. Or if it takes really long, switch the radar off for a few seconds and then switch it back on.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

James

Post by James » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Installation onto Windows 7 64 bit in my "D:\" drive - I figured out that your "Microsoft Games" folder and the rest installed in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder - I had to cut and paste all of the sub-folder contents into the correct FSX sub-folders - It did find the "D:\" location OK - I took it for a spin and the burners worked night, dawn, dusk and day - I also attempet to run that drop down menu test in your guide regarding the license report and for me it shows Plane Loaded = 0 instead of 2 like your guide shows and F1 Checked = 1 just like your guide - I have no idea what that means but I thought you should know - Also my FSX locks up doing that check which is zero joy for me anyway - The weapons and all else works great now - I do not use preview 10 of DirectX - Cheers! :D

Freds

Post by Freds » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 pm

After a troublesome removal of old files and a new install, time was come to test this aircraft on a MP-session. Me and my friend started up and he was to shot me down with an AIM-9 and guess what happened? I saw a MD-500 at 2000 knots flying through my cockpit. Great stuff guys.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 pm

You can fix that by moving the Milviz missile files to the main aircraft folder. Also better try pressing the RECEIPT button under the right MFD. When it turns green you should actually be able to damage eachother.
-JB

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

Freds

Post by Freds » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:You can fix that by moving the Milviz missile files to the main aircraft folder. Also better try pressing the RECEIPT button under the right MFD. When it turns green you should actually be able to damage eachother.
OK, it doesn't say anywhere to move folder, but I'll try that out. The RECEIPT button is green for sure. This pressed after loading up weapons and before starting the engines.

oehansen

Post by oehansen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Just a question with Service Pack 1.1B installed....

Does the weapons work in Multiplayer mode now? I have testet in single mode with UT2 Traffic, and shooting down aircrafts (A/A) works. I can see the missile (ex: AIM9) beeing launced from my F-15 and heading towards my target. When successfull hit the UT2 aircraft explodes and and disappear from the sky. Actually you can see it crashes to the ground before disappearing.

Me and Fred was testing in Multiplayer. I hosted the server. I tried to shoot down Fred. Had lock on his F15 and fired a AIM9. I can see that an AIM9 is beeing launced, and I can hear the boom when the missile hits his aircraft. After his aircraft has been hit, he can still fly on like nothing happend. Another issue is that he can't see the AIM9 I'm fireing. The missiles is beeing replaced by other aircrafts like, MD500 (Helicopter) and BD-5 (Microjet), deppening on what kind of missiles beeing used.

So, my question is: Should this work in Multiplayer now, or is it still an issue?

By the way, we are both using the MP-version of the aircraft. We are hitting the "Recept" button to syncronise weapon systems before starting the aircraft.

Regards
Øystein Hansen
Best Regards
Øystein Hansen
Trondheim, Norway

Intel i7-950@4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth x58, 6GB 1600MHz DDR3, 2x500GB 7200 RPM HDD, GeForce 260GTX, Windows 7 Professional english

DISCODAN

Post by DISCODAN » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Been able to shoot some a/a but now the a/g guided munitions won't explode ?

Dan

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Are you guys doing this on Gamespy or over a VPN like Wippien? Cuz if the dlls are connecting to eachother then the system will not remove AI and you should feel damage. Personally best results are obtained over a VPN especially Wippien. Gamespy isnt at its best with military aircraft or weapon systems.
-JB

oehansen

Post by oehansen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Are you guys doing this on Gamespy or over a VPN like Wippien? Cuz if the dlls are connecting to eachother then the system will not remove AI and you should feel damage. Personally best results are obtained over a VPN especially Wippien. Gamespy isnt at its best with military aircraft or weapon systems.
We are not using Gamespy. We are using the Direct Connection settings in FSX, and our routers have been configured with port forwarding to make the connections usable (standard FSX port settings). This way works for every other MP usable aircrafts, and have been working this way since FSX SP2.

Regards
Øystein Hansen
Best Regards
Øystein Hansen
Trondheim, Norway

Intel i7-950@4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth x58, 6GB 1600MHz DDR3, 2x500GB 7200 RPM HDD, GeForce 260GTX, Windows 7 Professional english

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”