F-15E Missions, AI Traffic, and Airbases

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
Ken Stallings
F-15E Missions, AI Traffic, and Airbases

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 am

OK, Colin has given the OK for me to provide the customers with a free upgrade to your MilViz F-15E. We are offering this now for a couple of reasons. First, we think it will be a ton of fun for each of you to experience the F-15E is a far more immersive and tactically realistic environment. Second, I would like feedback on how the package is installing and how it functions for each of you. You may recall I did the AI traffic for the T-38A and the traffic for the F-15E functions very much the same way.

When you click on either of the two links provided below (one a ZIP file the other a WINRAR archive), simply download the file to a temporary location and then unzip it or unarchive the contents into that temporary folder. Included are detailed installation instructions in the Readme text file. Should you have any issues getting this package properly installed (especially with adding the Targets and Airbases scenery to your scenery library, please use this thread to provide me with that feedback so I can offer any necessary corrections and improvements.

Likewise, please feel free to provide feedback on the quality of the missions. You will have three missions at this time you can fly. I am close to completing a fourth mission at this time and should have it finished tomorrow. I am planning a fifth and final mission which I will work on next week. As I get feedback, and make additions, I will make advisories here in this thread to include invitations to download the latest updates.

These missions and all files associated with them are NOT SUPPORTED by Milviz or any of it's entities.

Here are the links to dowload your chose of format:

ZIP Link: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/M ... ackage.zip

WINRAR Link: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/M ... ackage.rar

Cheers, and happy flying!

Ken

Ken Stallings
Re: F-15E Missions, AI Traffic, and Airbases

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 am

I have learned just an hour ago that people with Win 7 may not be able to add the folders to the FSX Scenery Library by the method I have used for years using Vista. If anyone has Win 7 O/S and have issues, please contact me as we have discovered a work around until we can get more data on what the issue may be.

Addendum: We have confirmed that this is a very shocking bug in Win 7 O/S and to think Microsoft did it to their own product! LOL!!

Click this link to see the very simple solution: http://www.tropicalsim.net/forum/index.php?topic=112.0

In words, when the FSX tries to path you a level deeper down into the scenery folder, simply find the white space on the folders window and left click it (see the link's imbedded graphics showing the deal).

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 am

So, here are some screenshots I took showing what you get from this package.

First, you get several liveries of the F-15E in an AI form. These jets perform AI flight operations from dozens of different airbases across the world. Further, these many airbases feature customized features, including hardened shelters, improved taxiways and parking ramps, dedicated F-15E parking spots, plus several bases that were completely designed from scratch using satellite photos to precisely match the construction of the real world base!

Burner takeoff over the ramp at Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia

Takeoff over an entire squadron's worth of F-15E's at Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC

Taxi at PSAB showing the temporary sun shelters installed for Operation Desert Storm

Another shot of the scope of additions to PSAB, including a tent city in the far background!

A row of Israeli Air Force F-15E's at Hatzerim AB, Israel -- created from top-to-bottom to precisely match the layout of the actual airbase, including rows of HAS's.

In addition, the AI provides a great opportunity for people dedicated to single-player Free Flight to get some formation practice! All you have to do is look in the sub-folder in the MilViz F-15E Airbases folder to find a text file of the schedule of the flights. Time it right, and wait for an AI to taxi out and simply follow him as the wing man!

Formation flight over North Carolina by a player-flown F-15E and his AI leader!

Taxi back to HAS's at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. An entire new ramp for the military is created by this package!

Your AI jets are outfitted with fuel tanks and weapons, which facilitates the missions that are also included in this package.

Ramp at Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC, showing the weapons mounted on the AI jets.

If the AI and new airbases are not enough for you, then you have three missions to fly, with two more on the way! These missions are created to be highly immersive, using authentic combat tactics and procedures for close air support, interdiction missions, and counter air. The missions use historically accurate home bases, routes, and target locations. The missions also feature interactive voice and command coordination with a WSO in the back seat, who will help you through your mission with helpful reminders plus detailed information on targets to strike. The missions feature medals as rewards for successful completion and will put a high premium on learning the myriad of systems on the MilViz F-15E. But, they are not goofy designs with unrealistic mission expectations. But, rather includes common missions requirements such as flying formation for an hour, or using your UFC to dial in ad-hoc real-time targets, working with a JTAC on the ground who radio's to you authentic Joint CAS procedures to conduct a troops-in-contact CAS mission.

Performing a show of force high speed, low-level pass over a target previously struck. The JTAC provides you specific instructions on how to do the strike.

If that's not enough, one of the missions already included is a long range interdiction sortie flown from Israel to two actual nuclear weapons facilities in Iran -- a mission literally pulled from today's headlines, putting you in the position of having to fly a four-hour sortie to deploy GBU-27 bunker buster 2,000 pound laser guided bombs on two such facilities. And the locations of these two facilities are pulled from the real world! Being a night mission, use of the MilViz F-15E FLIR superimposed on the HUD provides you a valuable option to maintain visual on flight lead despite being entirely blacked out, plus fly nap of the earth contour routing using the HUD for visual terrain avoidance. If you get too high on your route, your mission fails!

Note your flight leader located in the lower left of this image, highlighted by the FLIR image on the HUD.

Real world weather is provided, so you never know what weather you will face on any given time you fly these missions! Further, this nuclear strike mission features realistic use of voice conversion of written secure datalink communications given to you by flight lead. You must follow his instructions to avoid mission failure!

Two more missions are being currently constructed. One is for a Desert Storm SCUD interdiction mission over Western Iraq. The other is an interdiction of an Iraqi airbase also in support of Desert Storm.

It's all a free upgrade to the F-15E package you purchased, offered to you by Military Visualizations!

Cheers,

Ken

JanD

Post by JanD » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for this Ken!!

BTW, as I am due for surgery on Wednesday coming, I'll have ample time after that to test this wicked bird to the max! And I will!

As promised before, I will test if the weapons work in Prepar too!

Take care!

Jan

cortomalteseit

Post by cortomalteseit » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks for this bonus gift! Very appreciated!

bunoire14

Post by bunoire14 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for this Ken,

Im working on some sorties of my own also, one quick question how do you get the FLIR image in the HUD like your screen shot? I cant seem to find the button to activate it?

Cheers,

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Below the radar knob on the sensor panel is a knob and a switch that says NAV FLIR. If you load a navigation pod (old LANTIRN or SNIPER + NAV) click that switch ONCE. Then rotate the knob next to it to control the brightness.

Backy

Post by Backy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Wow Ken! Nice job! Go Wolfpack!

Now, just to get those SJ 77ARS KC-135s to fly out to KIWI ANCHOR and refuel! ;-)

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:50 am

Alright! Good news! I have finished the fourth mission. This one is the Operation Desert Storm SCUD hunting mission over Western Iraq. Flown at night, the mission puts a premium on coordination between you as the pilot and your virtual WSO who will handle the radar and FLIR and find the multiple ground targets provided you can loiter accurately over the area. You will have a series of coordinates you will need to manually load into the UFC as the WSO reads them to you. Further, you will have to know how to enter an active ground target into the UFC for bomb steering and aiming. The UFC tutorial video that Ville produced several weeks ago (and discussed in another thread in this forum) will help you learn how to properly use the UFC. As with the other three missions so far done, there will be a detailed briefing and kneeboard to provide background material as well as provide you an inflight reference.

The entire revised package is currently uploading to my server. Until I announce they are uploaded successfully in both Winrar and ZIP format, you will not be able to download the package. Soon as they are ready, I'll come back and post an advisory here. It should take about two hours to get them both uploaded.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 am

Both the WinRAR and the ZIP packages are uploaded. So, go and get it!

I think you will really enjoy this new mission. So please give it a try and let me know what you think about it.

Cheers,

Ken

JamesChams

Post by JamesChams » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:53 am

Extremely Outstanding work, Mr. Ken Stallings! :twisted:
Currently downloading the latest SP v1.1B and this AI Package of your's to be installed and tested shortly. ;)

My *FSX Dreams* are still coming true this and every year, Praise God! :mrgreen:

gregone

Post by gregone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Ken, great work on the Missions and AI Aircraft and Scenery really adds to the aircraft. Cheers Greg 8-)
Last edited by gregone on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks, Greg and James, appreciate the kind words!

I am going to finish the fifth mission tomorrow. It will be using the temporary stand-in aircraft and vehicles, but once I receive the final ground targets I will add them to each of the missions to put the finished bow on them.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am

The ZIP and WINRAR packages have both been uploaded to my server and include the fifth and final mission for the F-15E package. This final mission is an interdiction of Tallil AB, Iraq on the opening day of Operation Desert Storm. It is, of course, a night mission out of Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia. The briefing will include all the information and background you need to carry out the mission requirements. Be ready for the unexpected!

Here are the links to the two packages -- both complete, just one using WINRAR format and the other using ZIP format:

Zip File: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/M ... ackage.zip

WinRAR File: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/M ... ackage.rar

Ken

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 am

Apologies folks! If you can give me a small mea culpa here. I realized I left out a few of the new files from the package, so I am uploading the packages again.

Sorry for any inconvenience it caused. BTW: Colin explained today that he thinks he can get me the real ground targets and enemy fighter tomorrow. If I get it, I will quickly put those in the missions and once testing them out, put out the Gold release package.

Cheers,

Ken

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”