SP1 Beta 2 test

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
Krazycolin
Site Admin
SP1 Beta 2 test

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 am

Hi all,

I am posting this for all to see that we are indeed FINALLY in the final (hmmm!) stages of the SP build process...

all testers please do the following:

1) at the point at which the installers says it has erased all old files please check to see if that is so.

2) when testing, if you come across a bug, please restart FSX, then try and repeat the bug. If you are able to do so, then stop FSX, grab the following files and send them to me by email along with the bug itself.

C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\Documents\Flight Simulator X FilesMilviz_pack.log

3) please test as many of the following functions in both SP and MP

test gun
test TEWS warning (this will not work in Single player... )
test missiles
test bombs
test visibility on weapons.
check if object are removed
test chaff and flares (note, these WORK against missiles) (press Cowl flaps open incrementally for dropping chaff and Cowl flaps close incrementally for flares)
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

JonathanBleeker
Re: SP1 Beta 2 test

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am

Actually in order to see the flare effect you will want to use what ever key you use for smoke. It still has to be tested though as i had some issues when i attempted to do it that way.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

Ishigami

Post by Ishigami » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Btw is there any eta for the update?

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm reluctant to be specific.... Soon is all I will say.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:09 am

To all testers, when you are going to drop a LGB, you must turn on the laser guidance system by using the TOGGLE WATER RUDDER key.

you can then turn it off by toggling it again. (i suggest putting that one on your stick if you can...)

thanks.

(to all customers .... ALMOST!!!!)

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:41 am

I just turn on the laser by toggling the switch in the cockpit and it works fine.

Ken
Ken Stallings
Commercial AMEL/ASEL
Contract Instructor Pilot
MilViz staff member

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:09 pm

that does the trick

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 am

Flares and chaff work in terms of reducing by one increment the starting quantity each time the commands are toggled and getting the very nice voice message denoting deployment. However, there appears to be no visible external nor internal view showing the flares and chaff actually being deployed. Now, chaff may be hard to see, but even in daytime the flares are easily visible, and at night will produce a glow strong enough to be seen even if you are not looking at them.

Ken
Ken Stallings
Commercial AMEL/ASEL
MilViz staff member

Kasatka76

Post by Kasatka76 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Two quick question:
The afterburner change (from 220 to 229) means change in the FDE too?
Will be there drag (performance depending on payload) in the SP?
Thanks is advance.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 pm

We originally modelled the performance of the 229 engines however the burners had the appearance as those from the 220 engines. If we modelled the 220 engines it would take you forever to get off the ground and you would be a dead duck if even a F-15C engaged you in a dogfight.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

Kasatka76

Post by Kasatka76 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Astute. :) Thank you for the fast reply.

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Kasatka76 wrote:Two quick question:
The afterburner change (from 220 to 229) means change in the FDE too?
Will be there drag (performance depending on payload) in the SP?
Thanks is advance.
To further answer your question, there is already induced drag and parasitic drag for the basic jet. In fact we increased both to more closely match performance numbers given to us by actual F-15E pilots.

Also, each weapon loaded on the jet has parasitic drag factors so that you will notice a change in aircraft performance depending upon the weapons you load and the weapons you release. In fact, if you load weapons of different types and numbers on the sides of the jet, you will actually see an effect on takeoff roll as the differences in parasitic drag on one side of the jet versus the other will cause some degree of lateral shift to the side of the greater drag.

Further, you can actually tell the effect of this weapons related drag on basic jet performance and it is noticeable.

In fact, I suspect some people will be "disappointed" with our jet's performance, thinking it is under powered. But, the truth is that we deliberately detuned our jet from what we initially had in effect -- again based on the feedback from those actual F-15E pilots who test flew our initial jet and said we had it overpowered. In truth, we did not detune the thrust of the -229 engines. We simply increased the effect of the conformal fuel tanks and their hardpoints -- again based on those actual F-15E pilots telling us how it really is.

We also think by increasing the induced drag that we have a far more realistic landing performance with more realistic aerodynamic braking when you keep the nose above ten degrees pitch after touchdown. You will now rather quickly slow down to around 100 knots where you let the nose gear touch down and apply full brakes. In fact, in the latest version of the SP we are testing, the braking action is vastly improved and I think customers are really going to like that. I know I certainly did!

Ken
Ken Stallings
Commercial AMEL/ASEL
MilViz staff member

Kasatka76

Post by Kasatka76 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:31 am

Thank you Ken, it's impressive! Mostly I have flown with a clean a/c, so I didn't noticed the drag, but now I start to test it. Thank you very much.

weasel

Post by weasel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm looking forward when the final f15e version is released :twisted: .
I7 5930K@4.5@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Kingston 2400 Asrock X99X killer fatality Samsung 850 EVO 256+500+14Tb EVGA GTX 980TI SC Corsair HX850
I7 4790k@4.6@Corsair H100i 16G Corsair Dominator 1600 Asus Z97C Samsung 840 EVO 250+3Tb EVGA GTX 980SC Corsair TX650v2

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 am

weasel wrote:I'm looking forward when the final f15e version is released :twisted: .
We all are, brother! We all are! LOL!!

Ken
Ken Stallings
Commercial AMEL/ASEL
MilViz staff member

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”