Loading weapons

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
Toto-Free
Loading weapons

Post by Toto-Free » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 pm

I have just reinstalled my F15 E into steam and I cannot load any weapons. I push shift 3 the weapons menu comes up, I assign weapons and fuel tanks but none show up :?:

I don't see them in the gauges or on the plane externally. I reinstalled my plane from a saved version of a previous download. I am wondering if I need to re download from Flight1 again, or maybe I just forgot how to do this. Can someone help me here Thanks..........................Toto

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Loading weapons

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Steam is not supported and it says that clearly on the sales site.

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 am

Good Lord :o Why not :!: This is such a fantastic plane!!! and not have it supported in STEAM is unbelievable. For heavens sake!!!!! Very few people are flying box anymore for obvious reasons. I am not going back to box, that would be going backwards, its either steam or P3D for me. Why don't you fix the plane so that it will work properly in FSX-SE and add a extra charge to it. I would gladly pay the extra charge. The MILVIZ F15 MUDHEN is one of the all time greats in the flight sim world. I just cant imagine having to let this go to the scrap yard. Good heavens what a shame.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:15 am

There is one solution. Go to your steam FSX directory\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK and run the SimConnect.msi located there. Then try.

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Hello JB.
Thanks for your suggestion but it did not work. To me not supporting this plane in FSX-SE just does not make sense. I wish Milviz would reconsider there decision on this and release the plane ready for FSX-SE. This plane was one of favorites.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Unfortunately, we no longer have access to the full code base and therefore we cannot.

Sorry.

mmurphy77

Post by mmurphy77 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 am

I have the exact problem. Initially, I couldn't even get the aircraft to load at all. Then Jonathan Bleeker mentioned a weapons.dll fix that he said would also fix some instability issues (http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2326). So I uninstalled the aircraft, uploaded the dll fix, reinstalled the aircraft and VOILA, everything works beautifully - except loading stores. Oddly, I CAN get the SNIPER and LANTIRN pods to load but no weapons or tanks. I really don't care about firing the weapons I'd just like to fly with the normal loadouts. Otherwise, I LOVE flying it and I'm so glad for the weapons.dll fix!

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:55 am

You'll have to wait please.

No guarantees on it working with Steam (or P3D).

We've had SOME success wtih Steam but, again, it's hit and miss.

mmurphy77

Post by mmurphy77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Has anybody had any luck with this?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:24 pm

I don't know. One suggestion I can make is to go into your FSX SE location\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK and run the SimConnect.msi found there. If that doesn't help there is nothing I can do.

mmurphy77

Post by mmurphy77 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Ok, thanks. I did try that previously and nothing changed. Thank you though. I'm happy I can at least fly and enjoy it.

mmurphy77

Post by mmurphy77 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 pm

mmurphy77 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 am
I have the exact problem. Initially, I couldn't even get the aircraft to load at all. Then Jonathan Bleeker mentioned a weapons.dll fix that he said would also fix some instability issues (http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2326). So I uninstalled the aircraft, uploaded the dll fix, reinstalled the aircraft and VOILA, everything works beautifully - except loading stores. Oddly, I CAN get the SNIPER and LANTIRN pods to load but no weapons or tanks. I really don't care about firing the weapons I'd just like to fly with the normal loadouts. Otherwise, I LOVE flying it and I'm so glad for the weapons.dll fix!
UPDATE: I've been flying this way for over a year with no change. Today I go to fly and, lo and behold, I can load ALL weapons, tanks, etc. The ONLY thing that has changed since the last time I flew it a few weeks ago was I installed an FSUIPC module that was required for another aircraft I downloaded. So, either a coincidence, dumb luck, or the fix to the problem, but I couldn't be happier. My lack of knowledge of these things hasn't helped I'm sure but it may be worth trying for those STEAM EDITION users having the same issue(s).

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”