Brakes and Chaff

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
deepdiver8055
Brakes and Chaff

Post by deepdiver8055 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:13 am

OK, I've been trying everything and can't get this resolved. How can I get the CHAFF CHAFF off of the Brakes button??
Every time I hit the brakes he says chaff chaff, how can I change this??

JonathanBleeker
Re: Brakes and Chaff

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat May 07, 2016 6:17 pm

You using any intermediate joy-to-key software like TARGET or Saitek or FSUIPC?

deepdiver8055

Post by deepdiver8055 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:28 pm

I only use the necessary functionality of FSUIPC.
I dont use uipc for controls, don't need too. Is there something in an config file somewhere that will take that out? or change it?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I am wondering because your brakes button may be assigned to another key like the cowl flaps or such at the same time. That would be what causes your problem.

deepdiver8055

Post by deepdiver8055 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:48 am

Hey JB, no I've always had all my controls set up through default setting and the brakes have always been Button 1 or the trigger. No biggy though.... I just used Audacity to turn the volume down creating a new file but saved the original anyway. Now I hit the brakes and he's silent... The Chaff use the Cowl Flap settings of Ctrl + Shft + C and also V keys for Flares.

Only the sound was heard when I pulled the trigger for the brakes. No chaff or Flares were visible so I only had to deal with the sound so no biggy.

Here's my list of keys I use for the F-15 (maybe someone else can use these to start with too)

===================================================================================

Radar Cursor: (Right MFD) For both Ground and Air targets
Shft E = Up
Shft C = Down
Shft S = Left
Shft F = Right

Elevation Increase = Shft W
Elevation Decrease = Shft X

Lock Target = Alt Space
Unlock Target = Shft Space

Gun = Seat-belt Toggle or Button 3
Drop AG Weapons or fire Air to Air Weapons = Shft D or Button 4 (based on targeting mode, AA or AG)
Laser toggle = Ctrl W

Laser Control Window = (DO NOT USE)

=======================================================================================

All other controls use default axes for X, Y, Z and Throttles on the joystick. Same as all other aircraft.
No problems though as again I just turned down the file with Audacity and saved it as a new one keeping the original.

Thanks,
Alan
8-)

Hangar200

Post by Hangar200 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

An interesting problem. It sounds like a typical issue where two joystick interface apps have the same button mapped to two different functions. You usually find this wen the FSX control manager has one function a for key or joystick button and another joystick interface app has another. The usual solution is to turn off the FSX mapping of the joystick button

As you indicated, you use the default FSX joystick brakes button is the trigger. OK…and I assume that you checked that the . is still the brakes keyboard entry.

Ctrl-Shft-c is the weapons launch key-press for the F-15 E from that other company (evidently named after " the ring-shaped membrane behind the cornea of the eye") and maybe some other tactical aircraft.

Yet you said you don't use FSUIPC for joystick mapping - I'd check that to be sure. I use FSUIPC a lot and even I get "caught" by some key mapping that I swear I didn't program. Take a look in the FSUIPC config file to be sure that Ctrl-Shft-C hasn't been mapped to a joystick button (the trigger in this case) or the trigger hasn't been directly mapped to to the Cowl Flaps

Just some thoughts.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”