Need HELP / Failed attempts to install repaint

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
MichaelSzarwark
Re: Need HELP / Failed attempts to install repaint

Post by MichaelSzarwark » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 am

i have had some experience installing repaints. What i did was put a directory on my c: where i can work on the repaints instead of doing it in the aircraft directory. first i make a backup copy of the aircraft config file. Save it to the same directory s original, just rename. Unzip files in directory you designate. copy aircraft config file to the same directory you designated. there should be read me file that goes with the texture directory. copy from ""[fltsim.XX] to the last line which should be titled description"". find the last one in the list lets say [fltsim.12] copy what i put in the double quotation marks after the last plane listed in the aircraft config file. change [fltsim.XX]to the next sequence number. Save after making the necessary changes. Then highlight the Aircraft config file along with the repaint texture directories copy all and then paste them to the aircraft directory. You may need to use admin rights to copy the files. that should be it. jest start FSX and the planes should be in the aircraft selection screen. That's all you need.

Could you tell me where i can find the repaints you are trying to install?

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”