Aerobatics question.

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Sabre pilots!
(No support requests please)
FlappySlats
Aerobatics question.

Post by FlappySlats » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello all,

First off, love the Sabre, great job by Milviz! One problem I've been having with the otherwise excellent plane is that I cannot make any vertical maneuvers without stalling. I don't do Air to Air/TACPAC online, but like to put the old girl through her paces from time to time, make passes on AI planes, etc.

So horizontal (steep turns, etc) work fine, negative (Split S, inverted pushover, etc) work fine. But I have not been able to successfully get the Sabre to do a loop or even an Immelman Turn. Working with a clean aircraft I put on full power, shallow dive up to 300-400 knots depending on altitude, pull back, get to the top of the loop and stall every time. Usually pull ~4g but have tried high as 6g. I've also tried while pushing the barber pole, same result.

I know the old jets weren't as maneuverable as the modern birds, but it should be able to do basic ACM stuff? It was used by the Skyblazers after all. So I'm assuming the problem is between the seat and stick :D or maybe I need to do a re-install? Is the F-86 really touchy about maneuvering speeds for certain things? Maybe I'm entering too fast, or pulling too much Gs?

Thanks in advance for any help! :geek:

JonathanBleeker
Re: Aerobatics question.

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:14 am

Chances are pulling too fast.

Return to “North American F-86 General Forum”