painted aircraft not showing up

Your one stop shop for all of your Milviz aircraft repaints!
lancer27
painted aircraft not showing up

Post by lancer27 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 am

Hi, I downloaded Milviz_t38_586th I think from the Milviz website here or from Simviation, I am not to sure. I copied the textures to the aircraft folder and copied the texts to the aircraft.cfg Upon starting FSX and selecting one of the paints for the 586th I got the warning flag: Failed to start up the flight model. I pressed the close button at the bottom of the flag and I was back at FSX's airplane selection menu. I selected and flew the other default paints the T-38 comes with without problem. I can not seem to figure out why the 586th paints will not load the airplane. Please help, any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I have FSX:Acceleration version 10.0.61637.0 Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 24GB Ram

lancer27
Re: painted aircraft not showing up

Post by lancer27 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:21 pm

UPDATE---- I have figured out why the liveries were not making the airplanes to not show up. I have the T-38A Advanced. The liveries configuration file did not have the same title= and sim= that the default T-38 Advanced liveries have. The liveries had title=T-38A and the sim= was sim=T-38A instead of title=T-38A_ADV and sim-T-38A_ADV. So FSX could not load the flight model because the regular T-38A flight model was not present. Altering the liveries config file to read title=T-38A_ADV and sim=T-38A_ADV, like the default liveries that came with the T-38A Advanced, did the trick :)

Return to “Aircraft Repaints”