P-38 Tacpack gun problem

Chat to other Redbullers!
(No support requests please)
sieggie
Re: P-38 Tacpack gun problem

Post by sieggie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:13 pm

I do not use FSUIPC or FSX to control the trigger or pickle on any Tacpack enabled planes, only the Tacpack manager. FSUIPC is used for all the axis controls of all aircraft as it is easy to vary what the axis control on a plane by plane basis. Pretty much anything that gets individualized on a plane by plane basis will be controlled by FSUIPC as FSX is an all or nothing configuration. On planes without Tacpack, I will use FSUIPC for the trigger as it allows configuration per aircraft and the trigger control for non-Tacpack planes varies wildly.

Dave

alienel

Post by alienel » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:20 pm

I have been doing some more testing with tacpack manager set to controller with joy buttons set to 0 and 1 for trigger and pickle. So far my tacpack aircraft will not fire guns
with the FSUIPC commands removed. I am trying to just let the tacpack manager handle the trigger and pickle but have not had any success.

I use windows 8.1 currently and have always ran FSX with administrator privileges so I thought that I would try to run FSX without administrator privileges as is recommended with the Superbug.
I can get FSX running without administrator privileges but still can't get TPM to use my selected trigger and pickle with TPM controller selected.

I did however get all of the tacpack aircraft trigger and pickle buttons 0 and 1 on my joystick working having TPM set to keyboard and using the key commands in FSUIPC.
When I had tried not using FSUIPC for my flight controls, I was getting the dreaded controller drop off which is not acceptable.

So for now with administrator privileges disabled and using keyboard commands in TPM everything is working fine.
I just can't get TPM to use my selected trigger and pickle when TPM is set to controller with the FSUIPC key commands removed.

Thanks again I am still going to try to sort this out in my spare time. If I can figure this out I will report back.
Alan

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 pm

I guess whatever works works.

tailspin45

Post by tailspin45 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 am

Wakeie,wakeie old thread. Now Nov 2017 and I have the same problem albeit with Win 10.

And nothing I've tried will fire the guns except pushing the VC yoke button.

TPM manager set either way makes no difference, FUSIPC on or off makes no difference. Ditto SPAD.neXT.

Had anyone else here found a solution?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:44 am

Old thread in the wrong forum => the P-38 redux didn't have TP.
Send me your proof of purchase (email addy in sig) and we'll get you access to the P-38L support forum.

jeffu

Post by jeffu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:50 am

Hi ,I also have this gun problem with the p38 and I don't use FSUIPC .
My other milviz sims work fine with TACPACK guns and all.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Old thread in the wrong forum => the P-38 redux didn't have TP.
Send me your proof of purchase (email addy in sig) and we'll get you access to the P-38L support forum.

Return to “Lockheed P-38 Redux General Forum”