What are the frame rates like for the 737-200?

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other 737 pilots!
(No support requests please)
jspa6m5
What are the frame rates like for the 737-200?

Post by jspa6m5 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:58 am

Hi all,

I love my two Milviz aircraft - the Bobcat and Beaver and probably spend a good few hours per week flying them both. But these two aircraft have been so good, other aircraft I have are simply not getting flown anymore because these Milviz aircraft have set the bar so much higher.

I am interested in the 737-200 since it would complement the other two perfectly in terms of radically diversifying my flight time. But I am a bit worried about what the frame rate impact might be given that my sum total experience in payware aircraft to this point in time has concentrated on relatively frame rate friendly aircraft at the exclusion of civilian commercial jet aircraft.

Since I only have the Bobcat and Beaver to compare, would the performance of the 737-200 be similar or worse in terms of frame rates? I am guessing it is probably worse but I thought I would ask nonetheless. Thanks.

Slayer
Re: What are the frame rates like for the 737-200?

Post by Slayer » Fri May 21, 2021 10:38 pm

It should be similar although you don't specify which sim platform or hardware you are using.

jspa6m5

Post by jspa6m5 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:01 am

Sorry, FSX-SE with a Ryzen 2700+, 16 GB RAM and 2060 Super GPU.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat May 22, 2021 11:48 am

Should run it easily.

jspa6m5

Post by jspa6m5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:25 am

Hi, finally bought it last night. Performance is actually as good as the Beaver (thus flawless) so I am very happy (and a bit surprised given the relative complexity). Looks like the only performance issue is the clown behind the yoke however I purposely waited till the Winter lockdowns here in Victoria, Australia to buy it so I had a lot of computer and reading time available. I admit I am not a "jet" person but wanted to add this to round out my aircraft collection and to keep proficiency in both types of aircraft.

I am sure I will be referring to the forum (and manuals) for answers on bits and pieces as I come across them since anything I come across is likely already covered by someone else's experience. One immediate question though (maybe I should start another thread?) is that when I loaded up the sim after installation it asked me to authorise yet another Milviz lighting module. I assume these modules are bespoke to each of my Milviz aircraft so one module does not cover all of them? I am just worried I might be using an "old" one now given the 737 is a lot older than my Beaver and Bobcat.

Return to “Boeing 737-200 General Forum”