View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
DC-3 Poll 

Would you buy a MV DC-3?
Yes 65%  65%  [ 42 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 65

DC-3 Poll 

I would also prefer something that hasn't yet been done, or that has been done less. I have a payware version of the DC-3 already (and I believe there's another one) along with several freeware versions including the remarkable V3 Beta from Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser. As a beta tester on that project I know how realistic they have made that, and how much time that has been spent on it's creation. Very and lots.

I would go along with the previous poster and say I would definitely buy a payware C-46 Commando, especially if it was made difficult to land as the real one is. I've watched lots of Ice Pilots ;) . Of course I'm sure a Milviz version would be done correctly inside and out.

Cheers,

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 am

The M. Jahn freeware is very good. I'd also rather see a Beech 18 with perhaps both tri-gear and tail-dragger configurations.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:22 am

DC-4 will be cool and something new to have in FSX

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Very late to this party.

I would pay good money for a full-on DC-3/C-47. It has to be the most iconic aircraft of all time in many people's eyes. As good as the Jahn freeware is, and much improved by the freeware vintage cockpit in development, there are a number of items still missing. As a freeware, there is never any guarantee of delivery, as the developer is not obliged. If I could programme and texture the plane myself, I would have done this by now, unfortunately, my skills fall a million miles short of the target... :cry:

I have been hoping for years that a quality developer take on the C-47 and am really thankful for the current Jahn/Visser rendition, as it is an excellent version.

I still think that there is a market for the icon of the golden age of aviation.

A

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2