View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
DC-3 Poll 

Would you buy a MV DC-3?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 57 ]
No 37%  37%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 91

DC-3 Poll 

I would also prefer something that hasn't yet been done, or that has been done less. I have a payware version of the DC-3 already (and I believe there's another one) along with several freeware versions including the remarkable V3 Beta from Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser. As a beta tester on that project I know how realistic they have made that, and how much time that has been spent on it's creation. Very and lots.

I would go along with the previous poster and say I would definitely buy a payware C-46 Commando, especially if it was made difficult to land as the real one is. I've watched lots of Ice Pilots ;) . Of course I'm sure a Milviz version would be done correctly inside and out.

Cheers,

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 am

The M. Jahn freeware is very good. I'd also rather see a Beech 18 with perhaps both tri-gear and tail-dragger configurations.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:22 am

DC-4 will be cool and something new to have in FSX

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Very late to this party.

I would pay good money for a full-on DC-3/C-47. It has to be the most iconic aircraft of all time in many people's eyes. As good as the Jahn freeware is, and much improved by the freeware vintage cockpit in development, there are a number of items still missing. As a freeware, there is never any guarantee of delivery, as the developer is not obliged. If I could programme and texture the plane myself, I would have done this by now, unfortunately, my skills fall a million miles short of the target... :cry:

I have been hoping for years that a quality developer take on the C-47 and am really thankful for the current Jahn/Visser rendition, as it is an excellent version.

I still think that there is a market for the icon of the golden age of aviation.

A

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:51 am

Yes for sure. I have little interest in anything other than GA (or military) prop planes, but a DC-3 would certainly force me to fly a tube. And I'd certainly rather have a Milviz DC-3 than wait for the DC-6 to release for P3D.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 am

Dominique wrote:
Genuine question in return : what would you bring to the table that the freeware hasn't ? In that range, I'd like better an aircraft which has been missing in the simworld, for eons, the Curtiss C-46 Commando !

love this plane....and Buffalo Airways sure has renewed interest. 8-)

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 am

I'd far rather have a C-46 Commando as well. That would be amazing.

The DC-3 has been done to death over the years, imo. I personally have no further interest in a new version, regardless of how perfect it could possibly be.

The chap that wot does the Milviz InternetishWebsiteCodeStuffs. Also, occasional tester & flyer of them there digitals aircrafts.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:30 pm

JimmyRFR wrote:
I'd far rather have a C-46 Commando as well. That would be amazing.

The DC-3 has been done to death over the years, imo. I personally have no further interest in a new version, regardless of how perfect it could possibly be.

+1 For C-46....if it wasn't clear. LoL.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I voted no on this one. As has been said several times, the DC-3 has been done to death, and the freeware C-47 with the vintage VC is awesome. It would be hard, I think, for you to get enough people to buy a commercial product over that one.

What is desperately lacking, for me, in the ecosystem is more small inter-war planes. I would love to have a really nice Ju.52 or Trimotor -- the ones that exist are older freeware that do not match modern standards of quality, and it's an area of great interest for me. I wonder if there are others who feel that niche is significantly underserved.

I know I'd gladly pay in the $60 price range for a stellar Ju.52.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2