Bone/B-52

News - all the news for those who don't like social media!

Moderator: N4GIX

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Bone/B-52

Post by Krazycolin » Sun May 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi all,

so... a question that, hopefully, more than one or two of you will answer...

We're looking at doing a B-1B and, given the right set of circumstances, a B-52.

So.. now the question:

How many of you would sit in the back seat(s) and do the NAV/WSO/EW stuff?

Let me say why: we're looking at doing this but... I want super simplified 2D panels that allow you do all that stuff from the front seat. Others in dev want to have the full deal.

We're listening...
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

NeilG
Re: Bone/B-52

Post by NeilG » Sun May 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Sorry Colin,
I fancy the full fig, always do...greedy see!

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Long ago in a galaxy far away, several of my friends would jump into a Heinkel bomber in IL-2 and fly missions over England. It was fun! I would jump into another position and fulfill the duties of a crewman gladly!

That said... I would also like the option of the 2Ds in case I cannot join a multiplayer session
-Sergio

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Mon May 22, 2017 8:00 am

I almost did a back-flip and a small dance when I read "B-1B" :D
...couldn't really do it, since I'm at work, but as mentioned in another thread, the B-1B is HIGH on my list of aircrafts I'd like You to make.

Anyways, back to B-52:
I'd probably primarily fly from the front (I do that already with CaptainSim B-52 Driver....yes...I got a soft spot for US cold war bombers), so 2D would certainly be sufficient for me. But just as NeilG says, I'm also a bit focused on "having the option available", so would love to see the full setup as part of such a package. I can easily imagine myself flying from the front, then jumping back to another position and do stuff there, while the aircraft is on autopilot.

Henk Schuitemaker

Post by Henk Schuitemaker » Wed May 24, 2017 9:18 am

If you are going to do the B-52 it should be a G model or even an older one like the B-52D. The H model from CS looks very good, no need for another H model I think. I like the CS B-52H interior - wasn't it created by Milviz? Front seats + 2 d popups is good enough for me.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 am

Thing is, no one has ever done the systems of a big bomber to the level of detail which we now can do with the detail we have in our hands.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

Robbie-KA

Post by Robbie-KA » Wed May 24, 2017 6:13 pm

I'd love a B1-B. Mostly because it's made as a low level penetrator and is a lot more fun to fly than the Buff.

As for flying from the back/copilot spot, I only do that flying multiplayer

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

flyboy7798

Post by flyboy7798 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:39 pm

As a former B-52D/G/H crewdog with combat time in the airframe, I will take the BUFF over a BONE any day. In fact, when I deployed to Saudi we wore patches that said "Don't send a boy to do a mans job" with a circle slash over a Bone.

That said, if your going to do a B-52, I would want guns (I flew in the gunners seat). Especially in the D model where could pull the turret into the upper left or right limit which gave me a view of the barrels...then squeeze the triggers, and watch the flame come out the ends...sorry, memories are vivid. Yes the BUFF with GUNS. Oh and 108 Mk-82s in the D; and all kinds of other ordnance in each model. VRS would go nuts trying to put those in tacpack. CBUs especially...since I haven't yet seen one modeled.

As for the other crew positions, I'm not sure how you would pull off the EW suite, I'm pretty sure its still classified. The Navigator and Radar Navigator would not be too much trouble. Perhaps you could bring up a flat panel (thats pretty much what the BUFF lower deck has) with the Offensive Avionics System panels (On the D I think it was the ASQ-38).

There is so much there to model and code, it would take quite a long time...
V/R

Jim Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Orbisque Mortis 1991

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

We have everything, including the unclassified manuals dealing with the EW suite although there are classified ones that we do not have. That said, any modelling of the EW suite would be simplified considerably down to a simple noise jammer, RWR, and chaff/flares because that is all we have available to us in TACPACK to simulate that particular job.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm

I would love MilViz takes on both the B-52 and the B-1B.
I'm kinda partial to the B-1B, for the same reasons as has been mentioned further up: I love low-flying aircrafts.
It would be an awesome aircraft to fly around in those areas where I normally spend time, the mountain areas of Norway, Canada and Alaska. I already do that with Virtavia's B-1B, but once again as mentioned in a previous thread, I'm sure MilViz can make an even more detailed and accurate model, with a properly modelled CoG fuel management system, hopefully a more detailed APQ-164 radar with the more detailed SAR ground-mapping and weather detection modes if that is possible (for all I know, maybe even the SABR-GS radar upgrade they've been talking about...?), and decently detailed and modelled Offensive and Defensive system operator positions. Oh, and Sniper-XR pod and TacPack enabled :)
Asking a lot here, but with the amount of systems on board this girl, it would be awesome to finally get a detailed study-level implementation of this aircraft. Within the limitations of FSX, P3Dv4 and available systems documentation.

But there's a reason I've got the CS B-52 Driver as well, so a MilViz B-52 would be very welcome, with the same amount of details as we'd come to expect from You ;)

Victory103

Post by Victory103 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Having gone from the "backseat" to the front, I would say flying the thing is way more fun. How many have actually used the shared pit in anything form outside of flight training. I would rather save the time and just use accurate 2D panels.
DUSTOFF
"So Others May Live"
ARMY PROPS

monica6211

Post by monica6211 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

I would LOVE to see you do a B-52, preferably a "G" model. I used to work on B-52G/H's on the Nav, Rnav equipment (offensive avionics systems), so adding these positions would be awesome, especially if you have working FLIR/STV cameras. I'm definitely in! As for the Bone, well, I worked on those too, but didn't like them as much as the good ol' B-52.

icycle

Post by icycle » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Wow, how did i miss this?

B-52 in a heartbeat. Especially the early versions (B-F) and G & H pre-EVS. If had to choose between the two, "early" version would have to win as it has not been done since KBT did their's for FS2002

Would be a FS dream come true.

Thanks

flyboy7798

Post by flyboy7798 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:54 am

Agree up front in both the BUFF and Bone are fun...I have done both real simulators, and an "unofficial" number of hours in left and right pilot seats in the D/G/H models.
V/R

Jim Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Orbisque Mortis 1991

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 am

We will be doing the Skyraider first... then I will decide.

Personally, I am a fan of the Bone... but... I get the B-52's... er... uh.... charm....
Creative Director and chooser of planes.