Mixtures on the JU87D and G

Chat to other Stuka pilots!
(No support requests please)
pontiusthepilot
Mixtures on the JU87D and G

Post by pontiusthepilot » Thu May 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi All.

I've noticed that there is no mixture control in the virtual cockpit. I've got a leaver on my throttle quadrant mapped to the mixture but this seems to have no effect, at least as far as the sound of the engine is concerned.

Are the mixtures automatic on these aircraft? And if so, do I need to set auto mixture on or is this dealt with in the simulation?

regards.
Pontius.

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Mixtures on the JU87D and G

Post by Krazycolin » Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 pm

This product is no longer supported as it is free.

Please read the manual.

If anyone who is not MV Team wishes to help, please do.

Thanks

pontiusthepilot
Re: Mixtures on the JU87D and G

Post by pontiusthepilot » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm sorry Colin, but the manual doesn't answer this question.

Now don't get me wrong. I have no desire to start a conflict with MilViz. I like flying this plane. I like the physical modelling and the flight dynamics match the descriptions that I've found online. And I honestly regret some of the things I said when I reviewed this plane on the Steam platform.

My main issue with the Steam version is that the bomb release doesn't work. I can't exactly say why this is the case, but suffice to say that I have my suspicions. These I'm keeping to myself, but I can say that I see no reason to implicate MilViz in this.

Although most of the issues can be worked round, it remains true that the manual can be difficult to understand in some places. I'm in the process of creating some in cockpit checklists to help with this.

All I wanted to do was to clear up this point with anyone who might know.

As it is, I've conducted some experiments, by flying a Cessna 182 to 10,000 feet without operating the mixture control and with flying tips switched on. This confirmed that FSX was correctly warning me to adjust the mixtures. I then flew the JU87 to 3000 meters under the same conditions and I received no warnings that the engine was losing power because the mixtures were not correctly leaned. So I've concluded that the mixtures are fully automatic in these two models of the JU87, the mixtures were fully automatic and that they have been modeled that way.

Regards.
Pontius.

Return to “Ju. 87 Stuka (D.5/G.2) General Forums”