B407 Starting Issue

djohnson7753
B407 Starting Issue

Post by djohnson7753 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Having issues with starting the B407. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this product several times. Tried not using Active Sky. Active Sky is not the
issue.

The starting issue is, after completing the cold and dark check list, once the start toggle switch is held, the noise of a normal start up starts, but nothing else happens. Also, I have to roll the throttle from Idle to 80-90% to get the starter to engage.

As I mentioned in my email, I am a professional pilot with Bell 407 real time, along with being a retire FAA Airworthiness Inspector, qualifying me to follow check list and actuate the proper switches for a proper start.

My Flight Sim was built by Jet Systems and has all the latest hardware and software.

My Hard drive is 1TB, OS is Windows 7,64 bit, RAM = 8.0GB Processor = Intel (R) Core (TM)i7-4770K CPU@3.50Ghz

I have other Milviz installed on this Sim computer with no starting issues.

I would request a quick resolve to this or please issue me a refund on my recent purchase.

Dale Johnson

Slayer
Re: B407 Starting Issue

Post by Slayer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 pm

I've moved this post to the proper support section. There are several other posts regarding the issue you seem to have.

"I found that engine will not start to spool up , after pressing start switch, until throttle is moved to around 80-85%. Until then, nothing happens. At 85%, it starts spooling up. Then I find if nothing else is touched, after about 40 seconds, without ever seeing any RPM increase, the engine slows down and stops. To stop this from happening, as soon as the engine starts for about 5 seconds, I move the throttle to flight. It then spools up normally, and rpm indicators read as they should. Before flying, I increase the throttle some more. Works every time."

Is what resolved it for another customer.

Have a look at this thread it may help if that does not.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=3616

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”