MVAMS and Takeoff RPM issues

craig.guest
MVAMS and Takeoff RPM issues

Post by craig.guest » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:42 am

Issue 1: MVAMS won't let me open up the options for the 407 and I get an error message. The beaver is working fine in MVAMS. Maybe a problem with this 407 module? 407 does load in P3d fine. Was working for first couple of hours after install but think problems have occurred since setting it up to do cold and dark starts.

Issue 2: I last set the aussie helicopter to cold and dark before issue 1 happened. Not sure if related but now I can't take off because as soon as I do I get an RPM warning. Lifts off a few feet and then slams back on the ground. RPMs were in the green before collective raised, made sure throttle and mixtures all set etc. Been playing with the throttle lock too. Nothing seems to be working. Bit of background: I'm running this on a redbird jay velocity so it uses it's own special launcher to start prepar3d v3. For info, I can't select the 407 in their list of installed aircraft, I have to select another one and then change to it once the sim is loaded.

Issue 3: Hat switch on my puma pro flight trainer heli controller thinks every direction is the same button in P3d v3 control settings. So I can only set it to pan view in one direction. Not sure if you guys can help with this one but thought id mention in case any advice.

edit: this setup is not connected to the internet and it will need to be moved a fair way to plug it in. Prefer not to have to drag it around if possible.

Thanks,

Craig

craig.guest
Re: MVAMS and Takeoff RPM issues

Post by craig.guest » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:30 am

More info

Issue 1: Is this happening because it needs to be connected to the internet to verify the install or check for an update or something?

Issue 2: When i disconnect the heli controller and use the redbird controls the RPM issue goes away. But after re-calibrating all axes it won't work with the controller.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:22 am

An internet connection is required so it can check for updates.

Please make sure you do not have double axis mapped in P3D and FSUIPC etc or it can lead to issues. Also FSUIPC calibrations can be problematic.

If you do get error messages please post what it says or take a screen shot so I can help further.

I also need to know which sim you are running if it is FSX or P3D?

craig.guest

Post by craig.guest » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:11 am

I don't think it's very good that the MVAMS software is preventing us using it just because it isn't connected to the internet, given MILVIZ don't state this as a system requirement on the product page.

This sim setup isn't exactly easy to drag up the other end of the building just to plug into the internet and I think if we had of known this we might have reconsidered if it was the best choice for our requirements. Is it going to do this every time?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:50 pm

For MVAMS try this newer version of MVAMS it may help or you may have a corrupted install or not turned off antivirus. It is recommended to remove the old version via control panel add/remove programs (if it is in there, some really old versions installed it without adding this option)

Also on some older MVAMS versions the program did not fully close. Although the interface is gone the .exe remained in task manager. You must either kill the program with task manager or reboot your system.
MVAMS_Installer_1.0.7.0.rar
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

Internet is only required to check for a product update. It will not break MVAMS if it's not connected to the internet.

A internet connection IS required when you install the product so it can verify your product key( same for a reinstallation)

Issue 3: To map a hat switch for viewing in P3D you need to set it to View(Pan) in P3D options for your controller or Use FSUIPC which will let you assign view up/left/down /right as if it were 4 individual buttons.

There is a BUG in P3D and FSX with the mixture causing the helicopters engine to not work right. It only manifests if you have an axis setup as a mixture. If you fly multiple aircraft using the same setup a workaround is to save a new profile from within P3D that does not have mixture mapped to an axis and use that when you fly the 407.

Please have a look at this post it may help your situation:

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=3616

The manual can be found here:
https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manu ... UsrGde.pdf

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”